Shelved plans

By twobyfour - 15/10/2019 12:00

Today, after spending two hard months losing 20 pounds of my 80 pound goal, I was actually excited to exercise. After I was done exercising, I fell down the stairs and broke my ankle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 805
You deserved it 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have shown endurance (2 months already) and a realistic goal (1 kg or 2 pounds per week). I'm pretty sure for you this is only a temporary setback and in a few more months you will reach your goal.

I hope you can keep exercising by swimming until your ankle heals. It would be sad if your weight-loss momentum were lost due to the injury.

Comments

Mathalamus 24

I was able to lose that much weight by just having gallstone surgery,and a gallbladder removal surgery. Didn't eat for four days. It was much less painful than I expected.

What does that have to do with OP's situation? Been there OP, I've broken my collar bone twice and ankle once- it always seems to happen when I'm getting really excited to work out and improve my life. Keep the ball rolling with any exercises you can do without using that part of your body. After your pain is manageable of course.

xllabraxasllx 19

I broke a bone in my foot right after graduating college in May. I wanted to begin focusing on my health since it’s always been education constantly. So, I know how you feel, and it definitely sucks. I still can’t do exercise involving my feet.

You have shown endurance (2 months already) and a realistic goal (1 kg or 2 pounds per week). I'm pretty sure for you this is only a temporary setback and in a few more months you will reach your goal.

I hope you can keep exercising by swimming until your ankle heals. It would be sad if your weight-loss momentum were lost due to the injury.

Wadlaen 23

Sounds good, and it's good that you've set a goal, and it sounds like you're focused enough to make it. I managed to lose 25 kg in five weeks some years ago, so if it's primarily weight-loss you want, I could recommend getting into a coma - but be aware there may be some side-effects...

Ouch! I hope you don’t let that stop you from accomplishing your weight loss goal. There’s other ways you can exercise without using your broken ankle.

Nhayaa 21

Congrats! Now, you don't need your ankle to exercise. Find some workouts not involving it. The only important thing is regularity. Even if it's less than what you've done so far, you need to keep your body moving.