Scammed

By 96Ellie - 11/03/2017 14:00

Today, I finally got a product I ordered two weeks ago as a free trial-only pay shipping deal. Also today, the same company took an extra $130 out of my account without authorisation. Best part: when I called to sort things out, they told me they had no record of my order details. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 052
You deserved it 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you just got scammed. Let that be a lesson to you!

Comments

jcash52426 5

Call up your bank and they should be able to refund you your money.

And you just got scammed. Let that be a lesson to you!

Lawyer would probably cost more than $130

The BBB is a joke it's basically yelp, they have no actual authority whatsoever

well tell them the details over the phone and get your money back.

First off, giving them your card information is giving them authorization to charge you, any financial institution will tell you that. Second, you should have read the fine print, it probably says your card will be charged after the trial period ends.

If they didn't say it when he ordered then no. You can authorize a one time transaction, it's not permission to take money out a 2nd time. all he has to do is call his bank, it can take up to 30 days but he can get his money back.

Morggle22 2

It is authorized as long as the terms were on the original order page, and 9 times out of 10 it has a box that you have to click saying "I'm 18 and agree to these terms". And a dispute only works if you actually got scammed, if you lose (ie. the terms were disclosed and you just ignored them), you don't get your money back, and usually the company wont work with you after that.

Call your bank/card company and tell them you were scammed. They have ways of handling these matters.

(1) I agree with all the "call your bank or credit card company" comments. You can dispute the charges. (2) Never give someone your credit card number or bank account number for "free" stuff - It's never free if you read the fine print and if they cannot sell their product or services openly it is crap and not worth it.

Bob31_fml 4

This one's easy. Call your credit card company/bank and report the charge as unauthorized/fraud, and they'll do a chargeback.

It's generally a good idea to look up company reviews before giving them your CC info, especially if they're offering anything for "free." There is almost always fine print that states they will charge you the full amount if you don't cancel your trial within a certain time. Not to mention the product is usually garbage to start with. You will probably want to cancel that card though, and report the $130 charge as a scam. Otherwise, they will continue to charge that card for as long as they can.

rlhs98 2

I think the exact same thing just happened to me omg, what did you do about it!? ?