Scammed

By 96Ellie - 11/03/2017 14:00

Today, I finally got a product I ordered two weeks ago as a free trial-only pay shipping deal. Also today, the same company took an extra $130 out of my account without authorisation. Best part: when I called to sort things out, they told me they had no record of my order details. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 052
You deserved it 629

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you just got scammed. Let that be a lesson to you!

Comments

Report it as fraud. If you go to your bank as soon as you notice they'll take action. Why do I even need to tell you this lol?

You got duped. Call your bank and have them reverse the charge. DO NOT WAIT, most banks only give you 60 days to file for a reversal.

You got duped. Call your bank and have them reverse the charge. DO NOT WAIT, most banks only give you 60 days to file for a reversal.

Garnetshaddow 30

Those scams are so annoying. I was duped by one. I never got my product (I doubt it ever existed)... and they swiped my card info. My bank issued me a new card. Call your bank and contest the charge. If any new or suspicious charge shows up, have your bank cancel the card. It will be worth the time and trouble. Good luck!

Those are all scams. Report it. NEVER do the "free trial only pay shipping" stuff... they WILL charge you.

I had the same thing happen to me but my husband called the credit card company and said I never purchased that even though i did and they said they'll just credit the account send a new card and to cut up the old one

sterling1113 15

You have to read the terms. I used to work in customer service for a slimy company like that. It's listed in the terms that they'll charge you after the "trial period" ends. However because they hide it, the bank will usually dispute it and refund you. And if you threaten bank/general attorney they'll usually refund you themselves rather than deal with the dispute. Sorry OP.

Ttg99 1

What happened to you is an amazingly common experience. These are free trial continuity or "rebill' offers. It's no different than a Netflix or Amazon Prime free trial, actually. Yeah, you can get you cc company to charge it back, but you really should be taking responsibility for reading TOS and understanding where you are putting your cc info.

Morggle22 2

You should have read the terms