Running gag

By TheJoker - 12/05/2009 05:25 - United States

Today, I was jogging in my neighborhood when I saw a kid's ball roll over to where I was jogging. I stopped, grabbed the ball for the kid and went to hand it to him. He then yelled, "Stranger danger!" and his parents came sprinting out. I had to explain the story to the police for 30 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 804
You deserved it 3 200

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, he's safe at least. What a brat. I blame the parents for giving him fear without intelligence.

immafiremylaser 0

That's what you get for being a considerate person.

Comments

dg72592_fml 0

families these days are so paranoid... i'm a 115 lb, 16 year old girl and i swear whenever i try to smile at a kid on my block either the kid or the parents give me a death glare

miss_mojo 2

maybe the parents should lock up that kid in their house.

ugggh that stranger danger thing just makes me wanna barf

tangello 0

ugh i HATE such overprotective parents! they're not helping, they're just going to make their kids a social outcast.

Unmentioned 0
mixedcalibaby 0

No good deed goes unpunished :)

Aw, sucks man. That's why I am so sick of this "politicaly correct" and "socially active" bullsh*t that's so common these days. It's turned us into a bunch of ignorant paranoid illogical creatures.

Veldan 1

@51 i agree. If it were a woman, the kid would probably have thanked her or even if he did still cry to his parents, they would have thanked her and punished the kid for being too judgemental. Apparently being a white middle class male makes you responsible for everything that goes wrong in the world.

that kid has been freakishly overtrained and his parents are unbelievably obsessive.

TryToBeKind 0

If the parents were that concerned, the would have been outside with him. Besides, it's less dangerous with strangers than it is with someone you know because you let your guard down around someone you know. Does that mean you should f**k strangers? Well, no, but really! If my kid's outside, so am I. He's always in my line of vision when we're not home and if we're home he's in my range of hearing. Cripes!