Rumbled

By nthor - 11/03/2009 18:05 - United States

Today, a man on the train asked me if I had any change. I quickly responded with, "No habla ingles." He then tapped me on the shoulder and said, "That would've been a lot more believable if you weren't reading that paper." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 696
You deserved it 141 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wesayxsummer 0

it would also be more believable if you used correct grammar.

cady18 0

would've also been more believable if you spoke correct spanish.

Comments

#55 is correct. Wow, lying to get out of giving some spare change to someone in need, low. If you don't want to next time try "no" insted of insulting a language and someone you clearly though was an idiot all at the same time.

I never give money to bums. Why throw away money so that they can go buy drugs/alcohol and ********** in alleys?

I don't understand why everyone is going harsh correcting the spelling. "no habla engles" could just be the way the person is pronounced or typed it sarcastically. if the guy was a bum, I agree with #57. majority of them are lazy, they need to get an education and find a job (excluding the handicapped). I think it can be believable because my mom doesn't speak english yet she tries to study by reading the newspaper or a book while riding the train, and looking up the vocabulary while she gets home to improve.

Might be more believable if you spoke proper Spanish. I use this line a lot with telemarketers, but I make sure to use one of the languages I actually speak well.

To all of you idiots who are trying to make the big deal about him saying "engles" over "ingles." When he PRONOUNCES the word, using the "i." instead of the "e." makes no difference. Retards..

justjayit 0

#61, regardless of the two words sounding the same anyway, he still didn't know proper spanish because he couldn't type it correctly. Also, he said "habla" instead of "hablo," which means, "[he/she/(formal) you] doesn't speak english." Dude, you failed and why don't you just straight up tell those kinds of people to get a job or something instead of trying to be a smartass about it?

BrainHaynis 0

Too all the people correcting the Spanish, who cares, it couldve been a typo

Who cares what he thinks, next time just tell him NO. It doesn't make you any worse of a person, and in fact a lot of homeless use your guilt to get money out of you. I work hard for my money, and when I feel like giving, I give to organizations for those mentally impaired, child welfare or people hurt by war, rape, etc. A guy who is able to walk around asking for money, is better than most of the people helped by those in the organizations I mentioned (with the exception of those homeless who are obviously mentally impaired.

_kaitlin 0

Because you couldn't have just said, "No, I don't, sorry", or, I don't know, decided to be nice and give him some change that you probably won't be using anyway? You deserved to look like a dumbass, because you are, and I'm glad that guy called you out on it.