Rumbled

By nthor - 11/03/2009 18:05 - United States

Today, a man on the train asked me if I had any change. I quickly responded with, "No habla ingles." He then tapped me on the shoulder and said, "That would've been a lot more believable if you weren't reading that paper." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 696
You deserved it 141 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wesayxsummer 0

it would also be more believable if you used correct grammar.

cady18 0

would've also been more believable if you spoke correct spanish.

Comments

jayhawk63 0

#30, it would be no hable ingles if it was a command. Also to everybody complaining about the people complaining about grammar he used; it is important, especially if he wants it to be believable that he no habla ingles. To the OP, you can tell him no in english and not come off as an asshole, especially if you're so concerned about hurting his feelings.

pdoom 0

Screw that guy, it's not your responsibility to have change for him.

abcdefg22_fml 0

actually #66 you obviously know very very basic spanish because "habla" would be the informal command... not to be one of the 43902423 people who've corrected the grammar but correcting someone incorrectly who actually corrected correctly just makes you look like a douchebag :)

redheadedbeauty 0

Ah, you've been caught! ...Or have you? A fun way to respond in order to either attempt to preserve your lie or further infuriate the antagonizer (or both!) is to respond, "¿Que?" Or, in your case, maybe "Che?"

ZomgPiinkiie 0

People like you need to stop using spanish as a way to get out of every little thing. If you don't want to deal with the way things are in America, then GET OUT

I know this has been commented, but it really is far more believable if you spoke Spanish correctly. Chances are, someone around you will know and screw you over WAY more than that guy. Next time, just say no.

i assume you dont know spanish but if u did if wouldve been more believeable to babble onh for a whike like responding to his comment about the paper by saying "yo puedo leer el periodico en ingles, pero yo no hablo la lengua.

woeisme 0

wow....you're really lame. very successful flop at least :)