Age of approval

By henry - 23/12/2023 21:00 - United States

Today, the 18-now-19 year-old girl who originally lead me on, ended things, then made a show of our four year age difference to the people she knew is now happily dating a 27 year-old. Her parents approve. I’m now known as a creep and lost many friends over this, but she just gets to move on? FML
I agree, your life sucks 508
You deserved it 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Give it time, soon everyone will get to know her as an attention *****.

Nico97 3

the friends who left are hypocritical a*holes. you’re better off without them

Comments

Give it time, soon everyone will get to know her as an attention *****.

a 4 year age difference with a legal adult is not creepy... you would have been 22!

Nico97 3

the friends who left are hypocritical a*holes. you’re better off without them

Every relationship has good things and problems associated with it. Four years of age difference doesn't sound like that big a deal, but if she was in High School and you were working in your career it might look like a bigger gap. As long as she's legally an adult and is capable of making her own decisions, then much of the push back might have been envy from people who wished their partner were as young and pretty or felt threatened by your relationship... Sometimes life is a bitch, but most things unless they are truly bad, blow over after a while. The people who dropped you as a "friend" weren't true friends. Go on and live your life, but you might as well be aware that some relationships cause collateral damage. Sometimes they are worth it, but know what you are getting into before stepping in too deep... People do have patterns, obviously your ex has a thing for older men.