Real funny

By Lamediseased - 29/09/2016 15:07 - Mexico - Mexico

Today, I got diagnosed with Lyme disease. My whole family thought it would be hilarious to call it, "Lame disease." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 550
You deserved it 771

Same thing different taste

Comments

That's a lame joke. Hope you get better soon.

Some families make me question humanity...

I'm not gonna lie, that is pretty funny! Lighten up, your family is only trying to make a joke :)

Would you think it funny if the OP had cancer and their family was making a joke of it? You should never joke about someone having a disease, especially not on the day they find out about it.

"Lighten up"? Lymes is ******* awful. Hopefully OP is one of the lucky few that caught it soon enough, and where the treatment actually works. Otherwise, it quickly becomes resistent to treatment, and progresses into something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. OP is going to need the support of their family. Treatment (months of a potent antibiotic) can make you really ******* sick, too. But I guess because it's not chemo, and silly Lymes disease, OP needs to lighten up, eh?

I guess I was a little insensitive in my above comment! My apologies to OP and anyone else I may have offended. Get well soon!

*hugs* to you OP. Lymes is a bitch. Hopefully they caught it early. You're fortunate to have a doctor that caught it at all. I've got it. It took 15 (+?) years, countless doctors and specialists, and thousands of dollars for anyone to even suggest running a blood test on me. And unfortunately, that scenario is quite common. Whether you have a new infection, or chronic Lymes, please reach out for support. (Online if nothing else) Best to you!

caseyface1123 15

They're probably just trying to make you feel better through humor. If it really bothers you, definitely tell them. Hope you're doing okay though!

middlenamefrank 8

Congratulations on having a creative and witty family! Of course, being a little bit supportive might be nice, too.