Rats!

By I’m screwed - 08/12/2018 15:30

Today, we’ve had a rat problem in our house for a few weeks. Recently I hid a bottle of booze in my room so my parents wouldn’t see it. But my parents saw a rat in my room and tore the whole thing apart to find it, eventually finding my bottle instead. I was literally ratted out by a rat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 784
You deserved it 2 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're a minor, drinking alcohol can not only get you into trouble but can also place your parents in prison. Whatever consequences you receive, you 100% deserve. I hope you learn a valuable lesson.

No, you were caught out by your own stupidity. It's not like the rat intentionally led your parents to find your booze, and seeing as you hid it, my guess is you're probably underage, and shouldn't have had it in the first place. Apologize to your parents, take whatever punishment they give you, and stay away from alcohol until you're old enough, and smart enough. One other thing, if you've had a rat problem for a few weeks, suggest to your parents that they have the house fumigated, or that they buy a couple of cats.

Comments

If you're a minor, drinking alcohol can not only get you into trouble but can also place your parents in prison. Whatever consequences you receive, you 100% deserve. I hope you learn a valuable lesson.

What a disgusting tiny piece of vermin. And I don’t mean the rat....

No, you were caught out by your own stupidity. It's not like the rat intentionally led your parents to find your booze, and seeing as you hid it, my guess is you're probably underage, and shouldn't have had it in the first place. Apologize to your parents, take whatever punishment they give you, and stay away from alcohol until you're old enough, and smart enough. One other thing, if you've had a rat problem for a few weeks, suggest to your parents that they have the house fumigated, or that they buy a couple of cats.

While I 100% agree with you, one doesn’t have to be underage to do this. I’m 22 and live with my mom, and I keep a bottle she doesn’t know about in my room cuz she’s super weird about alcohol since my dad is an alcoholic.

You must be so fun at parties.... what teenager hasn't had alcohol underage 🙄

I didn't, and still don't. Seeing half of my family descend into chaos while drunk put me off for life. Speed, however, is a different thing entirely.

raven_of_azarath - I did say I was guessing at OP being underage. Either way, they deserve whatever punishment their parents give for disobeying them.

Blunt person 16

Responsible teenagers. My friends and I never drank.

Tell them you were using it as rat poison.

a rat in your bedroom? That is disgusting, O hope you guys got rid of the problem. Alcohol can be very damaging to brains when they are developing (you don't fully develop until you reach 25 so be careful how you go with it because even a little can impact youI think.

BonerFart 23

If it was inside the house, then technicality it's a mouse. Rats are outside.

Phil 14

Um wrong. Rats and mice are two completely different species.

All the negativity as if everyone wasn't young once. Lots of young teens sneak a bit of drink behind their parents backs, mostly to parties or gatherings Get pest control over for the rats tho caus that's just bad

Underage drinking is a crime. YDI. Laws were made for a reason, y’know

Phil 14

Let me guess, you never took a drink, or smoked a cigarette, before you were of legal age right? Your parents perfect little girl. You were probably the kid in school that said during a test "Teacher, the answer is on the board. "

Virids 13

I actually never smoked nor drank before I was 18, but regardless of that I agree with you that it's not really important. Underage people drink all the time and it usually ends up doing no harm to anyone except a hangover the next morning.

aangel94 9

Tell them it was the rats bottle