Rash decision

By FilthyIke - 21/08/2009 20:17 - Canada

Today, I went to the doctor to inquire about the rash I've been getting in my underarms, behind my knees and sometimes on my face. Turns out I'm allergic to sweat. I'm a varsity rugby coach, gym teacher, and I just shelled out a stack of cash to get a sauna and steam room installed in my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 758
You deserved it 4 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's hilarious. Allergic to your own sweat. Sometimes the pros just outweigh the cons, I would've just gone for that hot steamy sauna bath either way.

how can you be allergic to your own body fluids?

Comments

Actually it sounds like you have psoriasis! Go see a dermatologist!! Psoriasis shows up on underarms, face and around joints and is exasperated by stress among other things! BTW get a new doctor cause yours is obviously an idiot!!!! Allergic to your own sweat, haha that's a new one!!!

It's eczema, I'm allergic to sweat too. Just go ahead and enjoy your sauna and steam room, the rash only lasts for 1-2 days each time. And turn on the air con if the weather is too hot. (:

capthavoc123 0

Hang on a minute...You're a gym teacher, but you didn't know you were allergic to sweat? Either you're the laziest gym teacher on the planet, or this FML is complete BS.

Or maybe the allergy just developed recently. Do your homework first.

OMGitsKaleyxo 0

wow that sucks. do they even have like medicine for that? hahh im sorry.

Um you cant be allergic to sweat. God didnt create us that way. You are allergic to something IN your sweat. Call this lady and she will help you fix whatever is ailing you. www.nutravine.com You dont have to buy her stuff....ask to talk to her.

elara15 0

77, are you retarded? No "god" made us, period, otherwise would you be saying the same to someone born with cystic fibrosis? Someone who develops cancer in their 30s? Same difference. Way to split hairs on something completely irrelevant. Of course it's something within perspiration, like ammonia. To the OP, I'm too lazy to scroll through eighty comments, but Cholinergic Urticaria is more common than you might think. It can be managed. In the meantime, seek a second opinion and find out if you've made any other enivornment changes recently, even small things like new foods or detergent.

crzygrl90218 0

ZOMG! That super ultra mega sucks! =^

I hate gym class, so YDI. Joking! But I'm pretty sure they have meds for most allergies. GL

superboy4489 0

Here's a case that happened: Teenager Ashleigh Morris can't go swimming, soak in a hot bath or enjoy a shower after a stressful day's work - she's allergic to water. Even sweating brings the 19-year-old out in a painful rash. Ashleigh, from Melbourne, Australia, is allergic to water of any temperature, a condition she's lived with since she was 14.

echarperouge 0

Oh, poooor you, having a rash and not getting to use a sauna- Oh. Wait. **** you, whiny asshole.

superboy4489 0

Teenager Ashleigh Morris can't go swimming, soak in a hot bath or enjoy a shower after a stressful day's work - she's allergic to water. Even sweating brings the 19-year-old out in a painful rash. Ashleigh, from Melbourne, Australia, is allergic to water of any temperature, a condition she's lived with since she was 14.