Rash decision

By FilthyIke - 21/08/2009 20:17 - Canada

Today, I went to the doctor to inquire about the rash I've been getting in my underarms, behind my knees and sometimes on my face. Turns out I'm allergic to sweat. I'm a varsity rugby coach, gym teacher, and I just shelled out a stack of cash to get a sauna and steam room installed in my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 759
You deserved it 4 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's hilarious. Allergic to your own sweat. Sometimes the pros just outweigh the cons, I would've just gone for that hot steamy sauna bath either way.

how can you be allergic to your own body fluids?

Comments

Man, that really sucks. The worst part is that you spent all that cash. Well, maybe you could tell them about this before they install the sauna and steam room in your house if they didn't already, and get your money back.

ya that suks. I'm allergic to things with fragrance in them so I have to use unscented soap deodorant and detergent.

organismal 0

well maybe it's just something in your sweat? if you start eating healthier and stuff your sweat is supposed to smell nicer, as nice as sweat can smell, anyway. so maybe you'll stop secreting so many chemicals and stuff? idk it'll work and maybe you eat right already anyway

NEWTROLLINTOWN 0

OMG ARE YOU DUMB?, RASHES ARE A LOAD OF RUBBISH, THEY AREN'T REAL, IT'S YOURE IMAGINATION. INFACT WHAT WE CALL A ''RASH'' IS LOTS OF TINY LITTLE GNOME PEOPLE WHO ARE VIGOROUSLY CLEANING YOUR ARM OF IMPURITES. (IN YOUR CASE SWEAT.) THIS CAUSES BLOOD TO RUSH TO THE SURFACE OF YOUR SKIN, SCRATCHING MAKES THE GNOMES ANGRY AND THEY BITE YOU, MAKING THE SKIN MORE RED FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME. GOD... THE THINGS THEY TEACH IN SCHOOL NOW A DAYS.

allergic to sweat? really?! who knew. and wouldn't this have come up during childhood?

Okay, so, for those of you who are asking how he didn't realize it beforehand, or how he'd have always had this problem. Okay, so, allergies are developed, over time, based on the body's overreaction to an outside(or sometimes inside) source. Still, I would recommend actually taking some diphenhydramine and then going into the sauna and trying to sweat out some of the toxins, and switching to a different soap. It may be something else entirely.

People saying that you can't be allergic to sweat, tears, water or anything else that your own body produces is ignorant. Please, go and read an allergy book.

Maybe you should of gone in sooner for your rashes. And why would you buy a sauna? You work off enough in your other jobs.