Punned

By 4fingerdiscount - 13/09/2016 11:07 - United States - Knoxville

Today, my bitch of a boss sent out a group text saying she'd had a chainsaw accident and lost the tips of 4 of her fingers and would be out indefinitely. When I told my boyfriend, his immediate response was to grab my phone and reply "I'm stumped, I don't know what to say." She hasn't responded yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 411
You deserved it 1 917

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should volunteer to be an organ donor. Tell her you'd be happy to give her the finger.

Ask her for some "tips" on how to explain the situation

Comments

Well, expect to get fired. And you should have a talk with your partner about them sticking to being bitchy to people through their own phone and not yours. Still, there's good money to be made selling your film treatment about your life as a methprozzy down the line. :)

I guess they will be short handed there for a while

how she able to sent out a text with missing fingers?

She must have used her other hand, or she can type with just her thumbs...

Well, she did send out a group text. That's what the boyfriend replied to.

Usually people have more than 4 fingers.

You can also have Siri text for you. Voice commands don't require fingers. Besides, who's to say she didn't have a friend/family member text her employees on her behalf?

Wondering if the OP will update saying that her boss decided to chop her job.

tell her u weren't being literal when u told her you'd be happy to lend her a helping hand at work

Is your boyfriend 12? I don't think a grown person should be doing things like that; impulsive, insensitive, inappropriate...

...could get you in serious trouble. He's an idiot. Why OP didn't immediately send a follow-up text saying 'that was a nearby idiot who didn't know the message was from my boss' (true or not), I do not know.

I would be absolutely furious with the boyfriend if I were her! She could very well lose her job over that comment. Not to mention the poor woman just had a serious, pretty severe, accident happen and, whether op feels she's a bitch or not, doesn't deserve jokes at what is probably an extremely scary and emotional time. I had the tip of my finger cut off when I was 2, and they told my parents they were going to have to amputate down to the first knuckle (thankfully they were able to reattach and save the finger) but I know from experience that they can't always just reattach fingertips and this is going to be a long recovery process for her even if they can. I feel awful for her. Op should lecture the boyfriend on how he needs to think before he acts and how his actions may have serious consequences.

Lol at least now it's twice as hard for your boss to annoy you by texting (-.-)

species4872 19

Let us by all means compromise our own honesty and integrity and say, do nothing that will be seen as insensitive, offensive to someone else no matter how true it may be.

healthcarechick 9