Plans fall through

By Anonymous - 28/08/2015 20:05 - Italy - Cervignano Del Friuli

Today, I found out that I won't be able to attend my own wedding, because I'll be in a mandatory training class that doesn't allow people to take vacation for any reason. So now we've wasted $10,000, and I can't even fly home for one day. All because I got promoted unexpectedly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 030
You deserved it 2 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do believe that due to how long you would have given your employer notice you may find that a quick chat to HR and explain your situation could mean the wedding is on still. Also if your job is forcing you to cancel tell them they will have to pay for it, they will let you go then.

Comments

Sue the company for forcing you to miss your wedding. You should get to keep the job and get the money for the wedding back. Plus money for ruining your special occasion.

Lol, I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and say that you're from america, right? The majestic land of lawsuits! :) While I agree that it's not very cool of the company, there's not one country in europe where one would win such a lawsuit, simply because it goes against common sense. You would try to sue a company because they gave you a promotion, said promotion comes with some form of training wich sadly cannot be taken on different dates? It's not like the company board came together, saw that OP would get married on a given date and then proceed to make the training solely available on those dates. An unfortunate coincidence but certainly not lawsuit material.

TallMist 32

If they force you to miss a wedding day that you paid thousands of dollars for and if you do go to that wedding and they fire you over it, I'd say it's fair to sue.

You value your job that much? A job is to earn money so you can live life. If you can't live life, get a new job. Or if your job is your life, don't get married, because there's only room for one true love.

OP, devi sposarti con il tuo marito, particolarmente perché avete spenduto tanto così. La promozione non importa. Quello giorno bisogna essere la giornata perfetta per ti, lui, e la famiglia. Tvb.

That sucks. When I got married my boss made me postpone my honeymoon for six months. I lost my deposit on the hotel and the money I spent on the plane tickets. The things we do to make a living...

If your current job is more important than the person you're planning on spending the rest of your life with don't get married, they deserve someone that won't toss them aside for temporary financial gain. As 75 put it, there's only room for one true love and you shouldn't **** someone else over with your bullshit excuses.