Protip

By Late, for a very important date - 22/07/2022 22:00

Today, I found out my boyfriend accounts for my being late all the time whenever we go out. For example, he will ask me to be ready by 7, knowing I don't actually need to be ready until 7:45. He was so good at it that it's taken me 6 months of dating to notice. Am I insulted or impressed, I don't know. FML
I agree, your life sucks 179
You deserved it 2 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It’s super disrespectful to make everybody wait for 45 minutes for you to show up tbh. Your husband has the patience of a saint.

AzraelAngelus 15

You should be grateful cause after a week most guys would have just moved on

Comments

It’s super disrespectful to make everybody wait for 45 minutes for you to show up tbh. Your husband has the patience of a saint.

AzraelAngelus 15

You should be grateful cause after a week most guys would have just moved on

He is not the first male to figure this out about women.

Not all women take forever to get dressed and do their hair and shoes. I was the one who took 15 minutes but would have a super sparkly too with dark, black or lavender jeans and my hair in a bun with boots. My sisters on the other hand… it took them hours to get dressed.

TomeDr 24

In my family, there’s two MEN who are often 1-2 hours late for everything. Most of the women are pretty punctual.

Be impressed, most guys will give the real time and complain every second you are late.

How do you not notice when you are 45 minutes late and nobody seems to be waiting for you? Also, why are you always late? YDI, and don't be offended! Be happy he didn't just move on from such a disrespectful person as yourself.

Maybe it's time to get your shit together and plan appropriately. Either you're very poor at time management, or you're too high maintenance. Either way love the man. I've always been ready before most of my boyfriends and I just started leaving without them when they were chronically late.

You have a problem when people start planning in your lateness in their time. Being late occasionally due to life happens is okay, being late constant to the point others have to take this into consideration makes you disrespectful of their time. I'm sorry for him. It's obvious you don't consider being late an issue. If plans are made for 7pm and you're not there I would leave you, especially if it's like a scheduled booking/party/movie. I would never waste yours and my time saying earlier time to make sure we are not late. Time management skill is essential, and it's the easiest way to show you care being on time. Not early, not late, but on time. Get yourself a watch, a reminders. I myself am chronically late couple of minutes, and boy do I make sure people know it and have an option to ditch me if its an issue. Giving you 45minutes head start is stupid, imagine if you'd have to do that to every person or group or invitation you make.