Plans fall through

By Anonymous - 28/08/2015 20:05 - Italy - Cervignano Del Friuli

Today, I found out that I won't be able to attend my own wedding, because I'll be in a mandatory training class that doesn't allow people to take vacation for any reason. So now we've wasted $10,000, and I can't even fly home for one day. All because I got promoted unexpectedly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 030
You deserved it 2 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do believe that due to how long you would have given your employer notice you may find that a quick chat to HR and explain your situation could mean the wedding is on still. Also if your job is forcing you to cancel tell them they will have to pay for it, they will let you go then.

Comments

Tyjw924 3

You still could've left. YDI DUMBASS!

So, spend money on a wedding, get married, go home, and be unemployed? #64, I think you should reassess the situation and try not to be so brash and stupid about it.

Call in sick ? Beware of jobs that take over your life so completely that you have no life at all outside the job. This isn't just a frivolous requeat, it is a wedding, planned and paid for before the promotion. Good luck, OP!

As #7 said, nothing is mandatory. If the company says you can't take time off for your own wedding, it is not a company you want to work for anyway.

OP, if you let your job own you you'll never be happy. If I were you I'd drop that job without a second thought if they were going to stop me from going to my wedding. Not even if they offered to take me to the moon.

All these people telling them to quit must live somewhere where jobs are plentiful and promotions rain from the sky.