Perfect contraceptive

By slapstick1982 - 22/11/2019 01:00

Today, I realized that my wife is on her 3rd month using an IUD. The side effect is nonstop bleeding. I haven't had sex with her since she got it. I'd say this contraceptive is working perfectly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 228
You deserved it 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

colderthanyou 15

That side effect is supposed to be temporary. She should be heading back to the doctor if it lasts longer than 3 months

TCRII 29

Throw down a towel and make a crime scene.

Comments

TCRII 29

Throw down a towel and make a crime scene.

colderthanyou 15

That side effect is supposed to be temporary. She should be heading back to the doctor if it lasts longer than 3 months

EmDizzle2007 28

you'd think they'd know that.

Suaria 38

She should go see the doctor. I'm pretty sure that is not normal for that to happen. I was on the Mirena IUD for 8 months and I didn't bleed for 3 months on it.

The bleeding won't last forever. It's usually a temporary side effect. Also, it's not like y'all can't have sex... it must be your (or her) preference not to...

Mathalamus 24

Well you aren't wrong, it does work....

I got mine out once. It's easy when it's removed. You're stupid. Next.

thehaystackerine 20

why is that stopping you? my wife got her period yesterday. Our bed looked like a murder scene when we were done, but we did it anyway.

She’s constantly bleeding? Oh, my God. And instead of being concerned for her health, you’re thinking if you’ll have sex or not. Seriously? . . . Wow, guys really do think with their penis, don’t they? I hope she’s alright. And that the effect is normal.

iuds' are not as safe as advertised. Going back to 2002 there have been many lawsuits due to complications, a hysterectomy is often the only remedy. The IUD works by causing a blockage using a copper, some release a hormone. The device can become embedded or cause intense scarring, it can puncture organs or become infected. The body recognizes the foreign object and tries to get it out or coats it in a crust to stop it from leeching into blood stream. IUDs' do work well for some but for many it ruins the chance of ever having children again. They are a dangerous, cheap, easy to implement and highly profitable option that can be administered in office. They are also effective, but I would take a hysterectomy before using this form of birth control. To each their own...best of luck to you and your wife.

Many IUDs are NOT copper any longer. Read up.

I did say that there are ones that use hormones, even those puncture linings and become embedded. I have read up, don't be snarky or snide...it makes you an uglier person.

That is not a common side effect and she needs to go back to the gynecologist bc something is obviously wrong!