Panic at the crosswalk

By Butterflyguy - 14/08/2009 17:10 - Canada

Today, I literally stopped traffic. I was crossing the street and a butterfly landed on me. Being phobic of butterflies, I had a panic attack in the middle of the road. Oh, and I am 17, captain of our football team, and in very good shape. My girlfriend laughed the hardest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 336
You deserved it 23 641

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dramakat11 0

Well, sounds like you've got a good life so whatev. But I do know how horrible panic attacks are--they are Hell so I feel for you. But why would you be scared of butterflies? That's insensitive of your gf but I don't know if I'd be able to help laughing either...

Comments

I see that no one (except #23) knows the definition of phobia... "an irrational fear of *blank*"

acd23 0

Agreed. Phobias are said to be "irrational" for a reason. Here's a huge list of phobias that are out there, there are crazier phobias than a fear of butterflies. http://www.phobialist.com/reverse.html I don't think the OP was being a loser or girly for being afraid of butterflies, it's not something he can exactly control. But I really don't see why we would care that he's 17, in great shape, and the captain of the football team. As if that has something to do with his panic attack?

lol that is worse that having a phobia of butterflies, having a phobia of books? i need some evidence please

How come you're afraid of butterflies? I'm not calling you a pussy or anything, but how did that particular phobia come into existence?...

im afraid of butterflies because im afraid that if i touch one itll die or ill break it or rip its wings and the wings will get stuck to me and, eww im scared now.

leofan15 0

Lmao who has a phobia of butterflies?.... loser

fylbitch 0

wow seriously. You're ******* awesome dude. No one cares if you play football or what shape you're in. They just think you're pathetic for being a little bitch who sits on the computer all day making up fake fmls. Just kill yourself please.

Oscar_Wilde 0

Butterflies, my only weakness!

Cupcake10 0

football is for pansies anyway, who's your girlfriend, the linebacker? and who's afraid of butterflies?

You can't really control what you're scared of, so people saying "Ydi for being a pussy" should stfu really...

Cupcake10 0

and I don't see how being football captain, 17, and in good shape with a girlfriend has anything to do with your phobia, anyone could be a little wuss on the inside. Chuck Norris could be afraid of Hello Kitty or sumshit.

Chuck Norris afraid of Hello Kitty...Is it the beady little eyes or the no-mouth part that would scare him? Lol. =D

candy62195 0

this is obviously so fake. it was actually embarrassing for ME to read it.

Why is it so obviously fake? Did you not read the comments? It's a real phobia. I should know. I have it.

actually it isnt a real phobia. there is no butterfly specific one it would be entomophobia. and "phobic of butterflies" cant possibly be correct grammatically can it?

I find it amusing that the person commenting on grammar doesn't capitalise their words or add apostrophes to words that require them.

Phobia means fear >.> So...'FEAR of butterflies' is indeed grammatically correct.