Overdraft blues

By Anonymous - 16/04/2022 18:00

Today, I got a text from my bank saying that my chequing account is below the threshold amount, and that they will have to charge me if I don’t deposit money soon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 804
You deserved it 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's because you have a fancy-ass "chequing" account. If you had a nice, honest, working man's "checking" account, there would be no minimum balance!

I just started receiving these texts too. Key word in the text says “if req’d”. Unless you’ve had a minimum balance requirement previously, then nothing has changed.

Comments

That's because you have a fancy-ass "chequing" account. If you had a nice, honest, working man's "checking" account, there would be no minimum balance!

I just started receiving these texts too. Key word in the text says “if req’d”. Unless you’ve had a minimum balance requirement previously, then nothing has changed.

diraven 15

I think this must be the single most boring FML I've ever rea....zzzz

Today, I was subjected to a widely-known bank policy. FML It's hard to get the righteous indignation revved up for this one, let alone stay awake through the entire story.

rotflqtms_ 21

Back when I switched jobs to something that didn't have direct deposit, they gave me an ultimatum... Maintain a minimum balance of like 1.5k or get direct deposit. I called their bluff, took all my money out (was above the minimum, but I didn't wanna have to keep it that way all the time, especially if I wanted it in the savings account.) and joined a credit union that didn't require a minimum balance or direct deposit. Free checking! I now consistently can maintain that balance in a checking account, but my savings account t has higher interest, so it's kinda pointless to keep much of anything in the checking account. I try to keep no more than 500 in there after bills so I don't lose out on much interest dividends. Look around for credit unions that you can join. You may not need a minimum or a direct deposit for the one you find. Mine isn't based near me, so I have to do my deposits online only (give someone money and have them transfer to me, or get my money given to me electronically only.) but withrmdrawals are easy. I like mine and got very attached to it or I'd look for one based in my location.