Orwellian nightmare

By anonymous - 24/10/2014 13:47 - Austria - Vienna

Today, while reading "1984" on the train, a cute guy around my age and I got into a great a discussion about the book. Just when I thought he might ask for my number, he got up, patted me on the head and said it's so nice that kids my age still took interest in real literature. I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 187
You deserved it 3 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

milky2321 14
CallMeWindSock 24

Maybe he really did find you attractive but didn't wanna seem like a pedophile since he thought you were younger.

Comments

bsmallz3 12

Just read that book for my English class. Such a slow developing book yet entertaining towards the end.

A baby face is a blessing and a curse. If anything though, couldn't you have just told him your age?

What kind of asswipe pats someone on the head if they're a total stranger? Condescending jerkwad, by the sound of it.

Axel5238 29

I've gotten the you don't look your age thing. I'm in my early 30's and in some places I still get carded told I look like I'm in my early 20's. Which is nice in the long run, but a pain in the ass when you are trying to meet someone. Which I get you generally want someone who looks your age the whole you look too young thing is a turn off for a lot of people. You kinda gotta accept that it's gonna make stuff harder.

erenjaeger 16

I get that, too, when I tell people my favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird. I'm 24, and people think I'm 13.

Shandra78 9

You've got the sort of face that ages best. I'm 36 with a square shaped face and can still pass for 25 or younger. My parents are the same and both get mistaken for being at least 10-15 years younger than they are. After 35, you will begin to appreciate this. The supermodel pointy cheekbone types usually have a very short shelf life before their faces thin out and they look prematurely aged starting around age 30. I find life gets better the farther I get from my teens.

Awww you must have a young face :) I'd love that I'm 23 and look 30 hahaha