Orwellian nightmare

By anonymous - 24/10/2014 13:47 - Austria - Vienna

Today, while reading "1984" on the train, a cute guy around my age and I got into a great a discussion about the book. Just when I thought he might ask for my number, he got up, patted me on the head and said it's so nice that kids my age still took interest in real literature. I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 187
You deserved it 3 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

milky2321 14
CallMeWindSock 24

Maybe he really did find you attractive but didn't wanna seem like a pedophile since he thought you were younger.

Comments

I get how frustrating that must've been. I'm 20, but everyone I know thinks I look 15 or 16. And to those saying she should have corrected him, she may not have had time if he was getting up to get off the train.

Dude just today someone claimed I look 13; I am 21.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I'm 19 and everyone thinks I'm 14 or 15. Doesn't really bother me because when I'm 40 and I look like I'm 28 or 29 I'll be enjoying it! Lol.

1984 is probably an old book, I wouldn't read it... I'm pretty sure it's some dumb love story under a spreading chestnut tree or some crap like that...

Yeah, 50 yo and about a totalitarian state watching it's citizens every move. Romantic huh? You probably think Romeo and Juliet is some kind of ****, don't you?

I think that was sarcasm. He quoted the book with the line "underneath the spreading chestnut tree." It's a reference to a song in 1984, “Underneath the spreading chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me." It's about how the heroes betrayed one another. I doubt he would have used those specific words coincidentally without having read 1984.

Love it wakachulak , please keep on commenting about stuff you don't know forever, it's pretty entertaining ;)

bingodog 11

I have the same problem, but I'm a guy. and I love it hehe!

Nothing wrong with looking young. You will appreciate it later.

The only thing I can think of is that either he is a lot older than he looks, or the way you dress makes you look younger than you are. If you want to look older (or...your age) the only thing to try is changing the content of your wardrobe.

Or he thought she was younger than she actually is. More likely of a possibility. Especially when you have a baby face and are short like me

I think he just sounds like a conceited jerk

Or he just genuinely thought OP was younger

It was pretty condescending for him to pat her on the head like that, even if he thought she was an adolescent.

That's true. Maybe he thought she was *really* young