One Day…

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Australia - Gosford

Today, I paused the movie my girlfriend and I were watching and told her, for the first time, that I loved her. Her response was to stare at me silently for a few seconds before unpausing the film. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 715
You deserved it 7 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whether this is an FML or YDI depends on the movie.

Comments

Whether this is an FML or YDI depends on the movie.

To clarify, professing your love during, for example, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, isn't exactly the most romantic of situations.

Nightwing98 22

It also depends on how long they were dating. If they were only together for a week or two then he definitely deserved it. We need more information.

If there was blood anywhere on the screen it really just doesn't seem appropriate.

OP and girlfriend watching 300, Leonidus: "THIS IS SPARTA!". *pauses* OP: "Honey I love you". Yeah not the best time to propose.

Now if it was during Twilight.....That's a different story

priceyfml 7

Still a better love story than twilight

Or during a sex scene, that could give a wrong idea

easyprey 8

I said I love you the first time during Star Wars empire strikes back :D I got better results though..

Llama_Face89 33

If somebody paused Star Wars to tell me they love me, I would decapitate them. Nobody interrupts Star Wars.

Are ya kiddin!? My boyfriend already tells me he loves me, but if he said it during something like Star Wars I'd be on his lightsaber like yoda' wanna know :P (sorry about the bad pun, just wanted a Star Wars one haha, thumb me down if you luke ;P)

Unless it's menstrual blood like in Carrie!

Awes0meperson 10

Even if it's the blood of a baby being born?

SinfulEnd 20

If it was twilight, you stood no chance...

I can just see it... "Luke. I am your" *click* "I love you." *click* "... father..."

TwiztedYuri 9

you'll be fine. she must feel atleast something towards you otherwise she would have laughed at you or just left.

I agree. When my first real love told me he loved me, I was so in shock I didn't say anything... This first love is now my husband and we've been together almost 9 years. So, it could be she was in shock or freaked out. Stay positive OP; no telling where this may lead! ;)

Agreed. If she's still with you then she must have feelings for you. She just might not be ready to say it back. People don't fall in love at the same rate, at the same time. Just because you have realized your love doesn't mean she has realized her own feelings. That first I love you is a big deal and shouldn't be thrown around haplessly, so you should just give her some time to get there. Better to say it and mean it, than to say it to only please you. Then it would meaningless. I wish you luck OP, don't give up yet!

Maybe she just didn't know what to say. I can almost feel the awkwardness through this FML...

RedPillSucks 31

I Love You is always a spur of the moment thing. If you have to save it up to blurt out at a specific time then it becomes contrived.

Ouch. Least she could say is "Thanks, Honey, I'll remember that", right?

In my opinion, Thank you is worse than No response... But idk I've always had guys say it first...

KiddNYC1O 20

I'd rather be slapped on the face than a thank you...

32 - There's an even worse response than "thank you". I've heard of someone who said, "Really? I love me too!"

You could have picked a better or more romantic time to say it. A weird word vomit in the middle of a paused movie....not sure what the proper response would be to that.

To stare silently for a few seconds, and then unpause the movie.

To be fair, it could've been a romantic movie.

That's the most unromantic first "I love you" I've ever heard.

Says "I love you" in a monotone voice...

Apparently she didn't even think it deserved an awkward I obviously don't love you back, 'thank you'.

That's way more awkward than silence, I would think...

gregkingsley 4

Where's the hot tub time machine now?

if you really felt the need to reference a TV time machine, the TARDIS or DeLorean would have been much better options. just sayin'

Oh man. Memories. I'd go with the TARDIS.

perdix 29

Lots of women don't like "cinema interruptus" -- you should have said it before or after the movie. Otherwise, sit Djibouti down and stay quiet while the show is on.

So I guess his "booty" is next to Ethiopia?

Just don't give it to her during the movie.... she may just stare at it..

She was thinking wether or not to say it back, I guess you know what she chose!