By dan - 25/01/2010 00:50 - Canada

Today, to my surprise my girlfriend said, "I've never felt this way before." We have been dating for six months, and I knew that I loved her, so I replied, "Me neither, I love you." There was a long awkward pause. Turns out, she was talking about her abnormally painful period cramps. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 464
You deserved it 4 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you've been together for 6 months already, it's not awkward at all, just funny.

Ok, First...how can you not tell the difference between lovingly saying "I've never felt this way before", and someone saying it while hissing through the pain? Second, 6 months is NOT slow, lol. It all depends on the person. It took me at least 6 months to say it to my boyfriend, and he still doesn't say it. I actually prefer he doesn't until he's ready. There's no need to rush into "I love you"s. Third, when you say "I love you," you shouldn't be saying it with the assumption that it's going to be returned. People don't have to have the same emotions at the same time. People develop emotions at their own pace. I'd prefer someone actually mean it instead of pretending to do so because it's what's expected of them.

Comments

fallingpoint 0

sucks fer u……too jumpy…lols

fallingpoint 0

hduhfyhbuhknbnld idk that sucks jrjjdjchccjdkoasjjdjdudjdddhvb

if you've been together for 6 months already, it's not awkward at all, just funny.

MusicNotez27 0
lexie206 0

well at least it's out in the open now eh?

Looks like someone's not getting any nookie tonight.

AxCxDxDx 0

I've heard that every time there's an awkward silence, at least one person there is thinking about Abraham Lincoln.

roushracin4life 0

yeah seriously. Im always gonna think that now.

IndigoKitty 3

6 months without an "I love you"? is that normal, cos that sounds sloooooow to me.

Depends on the relationship. My boyfriend and I actually made a point of waiting until 6 months because after several rounds of saying "I love you" 2 months in and then having the relationship fall flat shortly after, you start thinking more carefully about how sincere that "I love you" really is.

lovefeast1217 0

It doesn't really change whether or not you feel it just because you wait to say it. I see your logic, but I believe if that is how you truly feel, then you should say it.