Old dog, new tricks

By Anonymous - 06/09/2009 21:50 - United States

Today, my mom noticed the hickey that I have on my neck. Embarrassed, I tried convincing her that I burnt myself using a hair straightener. She then told me that that's the same excuse she told my grandma when she got a hickey. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 909
You deserved it 46 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DeathByFalchion 0

Not THAT big of a deal if it happened to your mom too.

Comments

Should have said " Paintball welt to the neck." My welts on my neck look like hickeys.

hickeys are trashy and that excuse is so tired...

Hmm well I don't think people really straightened their hair when your mom was of the age to get in trouble for having a hickey. I don't know if I'm calling fake, but I don't find this story entirely plausible.

mo_the_owl 0

People have been curling and straightening their hair for hundreds of years. They used irons heated on the stove.

mannix_fml 0
mo_the_owl 0

I call 12 year old on this one.

LemonFairy 0

Not an FML. If you'd burnt yourself with a straightener and then everyone (and your boyfriend) though you had a hickie, that might be an FML. /Might./ (Happened to a friend of mine. Not hair iron, but swim suit hickie. But her BF is a swimmer, and she managed to convince her mom after a long argument. :P)

fMYYYlife 0

Grrr I can't believe this was submitted onto the sight, way worse things have happened to me that weren't published! I guess I just don't see the suckage of it?

Well I don't know why fMYYYlife's posts weren't accepted but if your submissions are typed in any way like you typed your comment it's no wonder that they didn't get accepted.

Kira_fml 0

oh my god, people, grow the **** up! no one but 14 yr olds and idiots looking for attention give hickeys. have some tact.

avalonbluemoon 0

My cousin once got burned by the straighter when she was getting ready for a date with her bf. I had to wait until he got there so I could explain to him that yes, it was in fact only a burn.... But seriously OP, if you're embarrassed because you have a hickey, you shouldn't be getting them in the first place.

wow people seriously need to calm down, did it really piss you of that much that se wrote this?