Oh Lawd, he coming

By KidKillah - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Napa

Today, a small kid looked at me, screamed in terror, and hid behind his dad. I was just walking down the same aisle in the store. This is far from the first time it's happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 570
You deserved it 3 258

Top comments

Justy101 23

Look at the bright side: at least you don't have to bother with costumes for Halloween.

The best thing to do is look at the kid, lick your lips and rub your stomach. Of course you should make sure dad doesnt see it, makes for an awkward confrontation usually.

Comments

doglover100 28

Being able to frighten a child is pretty much the basic definition of ugly or too fat. Piercings and tats usually are ugly too.

Change your look/style..... Don't dress like a potential KID N

starfan69 5

Then niggä change your face stop being so ugly

zuzupetalsYO 11

Omg were you wearing a damn trench coat? Well stop it.

Do you have facial tattoos or dress outside the norm?

DoxIxHAVExTo 10

I was thinking the same thing. If OP does have facial tattoos or dresses in different attire (let's say, like a hardcore goth or rock fan) then I would think it was expected and they made this fml as a little laugh. If they don't have any of that then... ouch, it really is a big fml. Sorry if that's the case OP. :c

That has happened to me! Sadly, we have to make our kids so afraid of strangers that they do stuff like that! It's okay, OP!

kitsune3 20

We don't have to make them scared of strangers. We have to teach them how to deal with them in the right ways. Making them scared of people they don't know just makes it hard for them to make friends, because they never learn any social skills. Please tell me you're not one of those people who think every little thing is lethal to a child, even a minor cold or the tiniest scrape. I'm so sick of these new-age parents who act like everything in the world is either a fatal hazard or a form of abuse. Yes, the world is a dangerous and scary place, but that doesn't mean we need to turn our children into sheltered, undisciplined bubble babies.

PeeNaught 3

69- you really could have stopped after the social skills sentrance. please tell me you don't have children oh well wait a minute I'm willing to bet you actually don't, for 1 you're still a baby yourself which you know these days kids are having kids at 11 years old so it's not like that matters, my point is you're extremely judgemental when it comes to the views of people who are parents and the way that you think they should view the world, I'll tell you what my kids are not sheltered and they're not "living in a bubble" as you put it but that doesn't mean that I don't want the best for them and I absolutely tell you what, even though I know they're gonna get scrapes and I know that things are going to happen that I can't stop, I'll have to stand by and watch them heal from it because they're still my babies and it still hurts my heart to see that that doesn't make me a bad parent who keeps my kids in a bottle it just means I love them, driving a little less judgemental until you have kids of your own. and while I'm at it to all of you talking about kick the kid back or something like that, go ahead be stupid and test a parent I guarantee you you'll never be dumb enough to try it again... so 69 you said you hate these parents now a days basically who shelter their kid well I can't stand people without kids to take judgment on those of us with kids... and let the negatives begin... while on the subject of irritations, I dislike thumb down because of a disagreement...