Nice try

By fyourlife - 21/10/2009 19:53 - United States

Today, while working as a cashier, I was flirting with this cute girl. When I asked her if she had her store card she said, "No", paused, then said "Can I give you my number?" I said, "Sure, that would be awesome, do you want mine?" She said no. I didn't know I could just enter the card number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 894
You deserved it 37 202

Same thing different taste

Top comments

valuemeal2 1

YDI, and also, this is a horribly worded and awkwardly written "FML".

Comments

The syntax in this is awful and it took me far too many times to read. Reworded for those who are confused: Today, while working, I was flirting with this cute girl I was ringing up/checking out at the cash register. When I asked her if she had her store discount card she said "No", paused, then said "Can I give you my number?". I said, "Sure, that would be awesome, you want mine?". She said "No". I didn't know she was talking about her discount card account number and not her phone number. Now that I think about it, that really wasn't worth the effort. UGH.

BaghdadAssUp 0

Thanks for the clarification, I was totally stumped as well except I probably didn't read it as much as you did.

Actually, I'm fairly sure the girl WAS asking if she could give him her phone number. At the grocery store where I shop, if you have forgotten your discount/rewards card, you can type in the phone number that is associated with your account and it will work just fine. I didn't find this confusing at all, and if the girl had been interested, it actually would have been a pretty cute pick up line. It's only an FML because he got rejected.

I did not find this difficult to understand at all. However, the grocery stores I go to will take your phone number if you forget your discount card, since when you sign up for the discount card, you give them your phone number. "I didn't know she was talking about her discount card account number and not her phone number." I'm pretty sure she WAS talking about her phone number. People don't usually have their discount card numbers memorized...

Yeah, that does make more sense. I think the major confusion was the "ringing up" phrase and that actually means to call someone on the phone. I think we can all agree though that this FML isn't worth spending the time trying to figure it out. (although i keep doing it).

All of y'all are wrong. She did give him her number, but it wad for her to look up her card. Not for him to call

NeNiTa14 0
letitbe56 0

It took me so long to realize that he thought she was asking him out at first. Was he new at his job or something? How could he not realize she wanted him to look up her account? So confused...

MissGlamIstGott 0

Thats Hilarious you soooooooooo deserved it. Half the time the girl isn't even flirting back she's being nice hahahhahahha you loser

Um, no seriously **** your stupdity. If you weren't so occupied with hitting on anything that walked you would have realized this woman wasn't "flirting" as you called it, with you.

alex_vik 0

Is everyone on this site an idiot? I understood this the first time through.

fmyalarmclock 0

I agree.. I thought it was fairly straightforward.

invisiblerabbit 0

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahajajahahagahahahahahahshshhahhshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!it happens dude. you just got a bit too excited. take it easy bro, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....