Nice try

By fyourlife - 21/10/2009 19:53 - United States

Today, while working as a cashier, I was flirting with this cute girl. When I asked her if she had her store card she said, "No", paused, then said "Can I give you my number?" I said, "Sure, that would be awesome, do you want mine?" She said no. I didn't know I could just enter the card number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 894
You deserved it 37 202

Same thing different taste

Top comments

valuemeal2 1

YDI, and also, this is a horribly worded and awkwardly written "FML".

Comments

how does it feel to live in the ass of america???

If you stick the nozzle into New Jersey, the crap comes out in Detroit.

saluda 0

How'd you not know that? Even if you're new, they'd tell you that before they plop you on the register by yourself.

TenebrificTurtle 0

You are probably related to the girl who thought her teacher/student helper was trying to get her phone number not her math problem. Did you giggle?

ROFLDOCTOR 1

Hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing.

I had to read this 3x before it made sense to me lol...He should be more clear

perdix 29

You must be a genius, because I'm pretty smart and it took me about 7 times. I was wondering why a guy from New Jersey would use the British term "ringing up" meaning calling on the phone, when it finally dawned on me that he was a cashier. She was talking about her store card number and he was talking about her telephone number. After putting all that effort into understanding this twisted tale, I just don't give a shit. I feel like Ralphie reading "Always drink your Ovaltine!"

fckaduck 0

How is it difficult? I'm honestly not too bright sometimes, and I got it right away.

It took me a few reads too, but then I realized that he's a cashier, and ringing up items at the cash register is what he meant. Not the English style ringing up while at work, meaning calling her while you're at work. Unless he's NOT a cashier, and is a newly landed citizen from England, and I'm still wrong.

letitbe56 0

Perdix- That is an excellent way of describing how I feel on having figured out what the FML meant. My problem was that I thought he knew what she was talking about and then used a "witty" pick-up line based on pretend confusion. I thought the last line was a punch line that just made no sense. It took me a while to realize that he had thought she was asking him out, not wanting him to look up her account. Figuring out what was really going on was so anticlimactic. "A crummy commercial?!"

blow_chlo 0

it didn't take me numerous amounts of times to read it, i think its pretty straightforward

Can't you get in trouble for flirting with total strangers on the job anyways? Do your job! YDI for thinking with your dick.

More stupid than the OP? I dont think that's possible!

TAST3MYRAINB00Wx 0

i am so confused such horrible wording, it makes no sense to me yeah, we have heard this before NEXT

perdix 29

Don't bother. I got to the end of the rainbow and there was a pot alright. It was not full of gold. Don't break any more brain cells figuring this fat turd of an FML out.

Ohhhhh **** blocked. It must have been awkward fir you.