Nice, thanks

By rmonk - 06/07/2016 12:17 - United States - Carpentersville

Today, I was hanging out with a friend at an ice cream place, and a guy started chatting with us. As he eventually went to leave, he told me, "That's a nice looking date you got there." Then he turned to my friend. "Wish I could say the same to you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 556
You deserved it 1 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Well you're in the right place to "eat your feelings". Ice cream makes everything better!

Cyrus00 41

Should have said "well at least I can get a hot date, instead of talking to randomers in an ice-cream shop". Then dropped your ice-cream cone on the floor like a microphone and simply say "served" before walking off.

he was probably jealous because he wanted your friend.

If you're a guy and you're friend's a girl, it might just be a sort of non-threatening way for him to pay her a compliment while pointing out he wasn't actually trying to hit on her (he acknowledged the "date") but also not trying to hit on YOU. I hear these kinds of comments from male friends/relatives of guys I date all the time, sometimes even from the guy himself, sometimes even, like here, from total strangers.

How rude!! Disregard OP, feel good about yourself..

cheshireau 26

You should have retorted, what I look like can be changed, your personality, however, cannot.

Ignore rude people. Looks change. They can fade. a bad personality tends to last.