By 94lbs of muscle - 02/10/2013 18:37

Today, my teacher was talking about anorexia and bulimia. Midway through the lesson, she stopped and knowingly asked if I wanted to share my experiences with the class. I don't have an eating disorder, just a screwed-up metabolism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 433
You deserved it 3 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even though you don't have a disorder, that's horribly wrong of her to call you out on it in front of the whole class.

You're teacher is ignorant.. Wow. sorry OP !

Comments

You're teacher is ignorant.. Wow. sorry OP !

addioty 19

OP, I can totally relate. Some people legitimately come up and ask if I am anorexic. It's ******* rude and annoying.

Exactly! Her teacher had no right to say that. Even if she had an eating disorder, she still would have no right to call you out like that without your permission. Please tell me you said something to your teacher and your principal because she had no right to make a comment about you like that!

CallMeMcFeelii 13

That's really ****** up. Who the hell would just walk up to someone and ask if they have a ******* eating disorder? OP's situation definitely wasn't any better though. Especially in front of all her classmates. Us people with high metabolism are lucky haha. I love being able to eat like its Thanksgiving every day and never have to worry about gaining weight. Maybe in a few years I'll have to slow down but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy it while it lasts!

Ch_rae5 19

thats just messed up if you had an eating disorder she should one, ask you first, and two, just not point it out because you could potentially get made fun of.

SparklyCuntt 12

78, that was rather unnecessary.

68- tons of people. I've always been super skinny due to a super high metabolism, and I have ALWAYS had people asking/ accusing me of being anorexic. I still remember the first time- I was in grade 3, and a girl in my class said "do you not know how to eat or something?" She was only the first of dozens over the years, right up to my new family doctor who is convinced I'm anorexic no matter what I say. People always seem to think its their business if you don't weigh "enough".

what a bitch. she had no right to say that in the first place and if you did having an eating disorder that was so beyond wrong.

Does it bother anyone else when people use the reply button to get their comment higher up rather than to actually reply to the person's comment?

Even though she had no right, you don't want to make any enemies for the year. It didn't seem like that big of a deal.

#86 I had this titillating image of a snake devouring a deer when I read your comment. I'm hungry now, and lunch is still three hours off...

I've got the same problem, but I don't eat that much. (I don't have an ED, I just don't get hungry easily) so when I say no to food people always say things like 'its okay to eat, you know' and I know they aren't trying to be rude, but frankly it's none of their business and it gets quite annoying.

rebellionwars 11

Wow typical of you to say to get up voted.

Even though you don't have a disorder, that's horribly wrong of her to call you out on it in front of the whole class.

2- I completely agree. Even if Op had such a disorder, that in no way makes it anyone else's business whatsoever. :p

I agree. Even if OP had a eating disorder and the teacher knew that is SUPER unprofessional to call on you. Just reading this makes me mad.

jw90 18

Many things can be mistaken for diseases or certain things these days. I'm a horrible insomniac and I always look and feel tired. I've been asked what kind of drugs I'm on by people and that maybe I need to think about stopping. I don't do any sort of drug. Just have a serious sleeping disorder.

I am thin, but my sister is a bit heavier than me (along with everyone in my family.) They are not overweight, but when they stand next to me it makes me look like I have something wrong with me. I always get, "Oh, Dragon, just eat something you are too thin. Do you have a disorder?"

Actually, I think it would be even worse if OP did have the disorder. To publicly shame someone with an eating disorder is just awful. I hope OP properly responded to this idiot.

I actually came on here to write the exact same thing. what a disgusting thing to do to somebody. I am so sorry for you OP x

Squeaky_Tomato 14

I think I know you. In real life. Strange.

That very kind of her to assume you have a serious illness.

I think the sarcasm flew way over your head...

SexySlayer1248 18

It's bad when people assume a problem just because you're skinny, I weigh 82 pounds and people think I'm anorexic but never stop to think that I'm under 5ft tall and an athlete, I feel your pain

It would be funny but also equally wrong if op said "no, but I'm sure you have plenty of stories from your life to share about obesity."

bizarre_ftw 21

"Actually, I'm not bulimic, I'm just hyper-metabolic. But obesity is a pretty debilitating issue too, do you have anything you'd like to share with the class?" *bitchiest ******* smile in existence* (this is the image 142 gave to me)

I'd curse the teacher, but I've already gotten 2 warnings for doing it before. So I'll just go with 'you have a crappy teacher'.

I get asked about the best pizza places in the city. It's 'cause I'm fat, isn't it? *runs away weeping*

It could be that your armpits smell of Papa John's. ;)

It is because you are a nerd, Welshite. A sweet, sensitive, well rounded nerd... Mmmm... Pizza...

challan 19

If you have a cylinder with a raduis “z” and a height of “a”, then what is the volume? Volume=pi•z•z•a

In NYC it's Patsy's on 118th & 1st. Never get less than a whole pie. You'll see pizza boxes in every nearby trash can on the street.

65- thats freakin awesome. i will remember that. i dont know when i would need the info, but just in case, ill remember it

65 My instructor manipulates your problem. The pizza is now an uniformly charged at -50 nano coulombs per cubic centimeter. Calculate the work it takes to move 3 protons .14 feet in the direction starting at 3 cm above the center of the cylindrical pizza. GO!!

Oops forgot the direction vector: 1/(141)^1/2 (11i -4j+ 2k) with a magnitude of 2 inches

I've had one old woman just walk up to me randomly on the street with my mum, cousin and nonna around me and she asked if I was pregnant. (in the past) Even though I was 13 then and still a virgin... ._.

OP, you not only have a very screwed-up metabolism, you have a very screwed-up teacher too. Even if you had an eating disorder, she should not have called you out like that. Eating disorders are not something to joke about. That is so insensitive of her.

monnanon 13

she wasnt joking around. in her wierd mind she probably thought she was helping op out by asking her to share her experiences but it was still insensitive.

you should have stood up and said 'only today I experienced a rude, ignorant teacher with no understanding of the subject matter she was teaching mistaking metabolic disorders for eating disorders'

noelykins1 19

That is completely inn appropriate. Definitely you should concern this with the principal.

I agree it is inappropriate, however most inn appropriate activities aren't acceptable in public. ;)

bizarre_ftw 21

See my mind's image of an inn is an old traveler's inn with good hot soup (in my head it's not too bad a place), alcohol before coffee, and a barn for your horse. So under that definition I actually can't think of more than maybe 5 things you'd do in such an inn that aren't appropriate in public

She owes you an apology infront of the class really, I'm pretty sure most of your class mates felt how inappropriate it was aswell.

bizarre_ftw 21

Do you have any shakespearian cod yet?

AurumPotestasEst 16

... and the rest of her body as well.

It wasn't her ass that said something stupid, it was her mouth.

It wasn't the mouth's fault but the brain's.

She was obviously talking out of her ass though.

Shit, the person above me beat me to the punch.