Nice place you've got here

By Anonymous - 27/07/2009 05:51 - United States

Today, my neighbors were busted for a meth lab in their garage. Yesterday, I signed the mortgage. Welcome to our new neighborhood, kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 087
You deserved it 3 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

superdudeman 0

Just because there is one meth lab in the neighborhood doesn't mean the entire neighborhood is full of druggies. You'd be surprised to know how many nice neighborhoods have drug houses in them that no one knew about. At least the police are on top of it.

Damn. That would have been one interesting "welcome" gift from your neighbour. ;-)

Comments

fretforyerlatte 0

could be worse, i read a story a few days ago about a family that moved into a house that used to be a meth house, apparently there's nothing requiring the buyer to be TOLD such a thing...and the family suffered all kinds of health problems due to the chemicals absorbed into everything...it said it would cost them around 30 grand to have it all cleaned out. so while that is scary, at least it wasn't your house?

ozymandias_fml 0

What country was this in? In the USA, I can think of all sorts of laws that would apply that would require such events to be legally disclosed to the buyer -- property history, legal history, environmental conditions, etc. Meth production is a known hazard. Legally speaking, the prior owner is on the hook for that cleanup -- even if they were not the producers.

ihatestupidppl 0

It was in Tennessee. http://news.aol.com/health/article/home-was-former-meth-lab/571357

The same thing happened to a friend of mine last week - he lives in a multi million dollar building in the middle of the city and 2 doors down a meth lab exploded. His whole building was shut down as it started a massive fire... Stupid drug producers!

***To the original FMLer*** I highly suggest that you listen to the following podcast. http://www.onpointradio.org/2009/07/meth-in-america . I heard it a couple of weeks ago and it talks about the whole meth problem, but more importantly during certain segments it talks about the hazards of having meth labs in homes. I'm not sure if these hazards would extend to your house, but you may want to research this and see the potential harms.

Meth is bad. People getting arrested for drugs is worse.

one bad apple doesnt spoil the whole bunch op

That's every neighbourhood. Welcome to the world, anonymous.

A meth lab can be found in any class of neighborhood.

vt_mruhlin 0

Hey, look at it as a good thing. "Today, I moved in next door to a house that used to be a meth lab. FML" is way preferable to "Today, I moved in next door to a house that is CURRENTLY a meth lab. FML" Am I right?

OP: Sucks. FYL. Somewhat similar occurrence right across the street from me this morning. I don't know the details of what happened, but I woke up to a couple of muffled pops outside (distinct gunfire). Local PD finally came down on the druggies across the street. THANK GOD. Always hated going out at night and seein' those dolts hanging around all over the place.

we all have skeletons in our closest. and what they are doing is bad but that doesnt mean they are bad people