Nice place you've got here

By Anonymous - 27/07/2009 05:51 - United States

Today, my neighbors were busted for a meth lab in their garage. Yesterday, I signed the mortgage. Welcome to our new neighborhood, kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 087
You deserved it 3 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

superdudeman 0

Just because there is one meth lab in the neighborhood doesn't mean the entire neighborhood is full of druggies. You'd be surprised to know how many nice neighborhoods have drug houses in them that no one knew about. At least the police are on top of it.

Damn. That would have been one interesting "welcome" gift from your neighbour. ;-)

Comments

be glad they're gone, now the neighborhood will be under watch

at least they were busted.. it doesn't mean everyone in that neighborhood does that

ozymandias_fml 0

Maybe you should have driven around the neighborhood once or twice -- or at least visited the new house. Meth labs are not exactly sneaky -- they smell awful and are pretty easy to pick out -- that is why most of them are out in places with actual yards and privacy.

If you genuinely want out, you should be able to get out. I believe you get a 30 day Right of Refusal on your home purchase. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_first_refusal

That sucks. Where are you going to go to buy your meth now?

cactus_fml 0

Well, they're gone. Hopefully there aren't any more in your neighborhood. If your neighbors look crazy and scabby, I'd get out.

I hope you got the $8,000 tax credit for first-time buyers.

Don't worry too much about it. I live in Northern California but my area has one of the highest populations of meth labs on the west coast and I can confidently say if I wanted to live somewhere safe and a great place to raise kids, I'd pick this place. I'm not sure exactly why all the druggies arent dangerous, but I've lived here 20 years and the pot/meth in this area has been around for a decade or more and It's never interfered with my life.

boilerup 0

You should be happy they got busted so soon. Patrol will probably be at a high, also good for the little ones.