Nice place you've got here

By Anonymous - 27/07/2009 05:51 - United States

Today, my neighbors were busted for a meth lab in their garage. Yesterday, I signed the mortgage. Welcome to our new neighborhood, kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 087
You deserved it 3 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

superdudeman 0

Just because there is one meth lab in the neighborhood doesn't mean the entire neighborhood is full of druggies. You'd be surprised to know how many nice neighborhoods have drug houses in them that no one knew about. At least the police are on top of it.

Damn. That would have been one interesting "welcome" gift from your neighbour. ;-)

Comments

Don't worry about it. There was an armed robbery at a local 24-hour grocery store about a 10 minute walk from my house a couple years ago early in the morning and I'm pretty sure people from the sketchy house on my street were involved (when they're spotted returning to their house just shortly after the robbery saying "Ok, I'm back, don't worry", it raises some suspicion).

They've been arrested, so that means they're gone... for a while.

sublime93 0

I hate you for being a troll but LMFAOO

fxdxhk90 0

That sucks, had you waited the price of your new house would have plummeted.

RJB 0

Lol mortgage.. Well now you will know where children are getting there drugs plus they can just tell you I am going over to our neighbors instead of some sketchy neighborhood or some dark alleyway.

Selling meth is decent money so it's not like it's an indication of a poor neighbourhood, and they're gone now, so how the hell is this a FML?

Its a problem because people who buy can still lurk around and those are some sketch people. I had a similar thing happen to me, only I was in an apartment and it was a house around the corner. Its not a fun situation to be in and meth labs are highly explosive, and can remain so for sometime. So, unless you have been in that situation, shut it.

Yes, I'm sure all those evil drug users will have no idea the place was busted and will be lurking around, prepared to snatch children to sell for drug money if they don't get their meth. And no, after it has been busted it is closed down and cleaned out properly. If you have no idea what you're talking about I suggest you take your own advice ad shut it.

Mobius, it didnt even make the news. The only reason we knew about it getting busted was because we saw it getting busted. And yes, the house can have chemical residue which can make it dangerous. Maybe you should actually experience it before telling me I dont know what Im talking about. Just because you live with mommy and daddy doesnt mean you understand the real world. Come out of the basement sometime.

Pretty sure you're not the OP of this thread, but anyway. What does it not making the news have to do with anything?? Pretty sure the people who get their meth from there are still going to be aware of it being busted. And even if they didn't, do you really think they're going to hang around when they realise, committing unthinkable crimes against upstanding citizens such as yourself just because the meth lab used to be there? Residue chemicals doesn't mean the place remains "highly explosive" like you claimed, and if the police busted it, they would make sure it was properly cleaned out, not that the residual chemicals of your neighbours home would affect you anyway, you moron.

Right... whatever... I dont have time to argue with you. I never said it remained highly explosive but it can be for sometime, that house was blocked off for a few months. You mentioned that everyone would have known it was busted and no one would be in the neighborhood looking to score meth, hence the reason I said it didnt even make the news, so more than likely no. And no, Im not the OP but, it it still sucks for them. If you want to be an ass, please go elsewhere. This site is for stories that other people think really suck, who are you to say they dont.

tapetime 0

don't eat the 'welcome to the neighbourhood pies'?

You'd be shocked at how many regular Joes (or Janes) in perfectly respectable neighborhoods...and lately, more and more in quaint small towns...are cooking up meth in the basement. It's everywhere these days and hard to avoid.

AssassinBug 15

My parents live in a lovely respectable area but recently someone in the neighborhood was arrested for running a prostitution ring; sometimes "clients" were entertained in the basement rec room. Crime is everywhere these days.

brrrx 0

So what? A lot more neighbours are involved in a lot more illegal activity than you think they are. All well-to-do neighbourhoods have some scum. Your neighbourhood isn't sketchy for having a former meth lab, it's safer now that there's one of them gone.