By Des - 18/06/2018 15:00

Today, my new neighbors moved in across the street. Also today, they began to park at the end of my driveway. Not used to a car being there, I backed out and promptly hit it. Welcome to the neighborhood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 344
You deserved it 1 135

Same thing different taste

Top comments

regardless of them now parking there, wouldn't you normally, idk, use your eyes when backing out?

azouwa 26

I think they sell driver's manuals at Amazon. The book isn't a bad read. I recommend it. It'll tell you how to avoid situations like this for future references. You're welcome OP :-)

Comments

regardless of them now parking there, wouldn't you normally, idk, use your eyes when backing out?

That's what I thought too. And what the chance of people walking by ect

azouwa 26

I think they sell driver's manuals at Amazon. The book isn't a bad read. I recommend it. It'll tell you how to avoid situations like this for future references. You're welcome OP :-)

manb91uk 22

Driving for ******* Morons isn't currently available and Driving for Dummies is too advanced..

It sucks that the neighbors did that, but you completely deserved that. It's common sense to always look when backing up your car.

StagGT 13

Is the whole neighborhood full of idiots?

manb91uk 22

You do realise youre supposed to LOOK when reversing right? "There's never been a car there before!" Is not a defence. Next time, drive properly! YTDI

That'll teach them to park at the end of your driveway! A firmly-worded note on their windshield would be the norm in an ordinary neighborhood, but your going full-on demolition derby on their ass shows them their not in Kansas anymore, ya bad witch!

corky1992 33

On the bright side they probably won’t park there anymore.

I see no fml here...you are a lucky one, OP. It could have been a kid. Don't you look when you back out? Be thankful you did not hurt or kill someone!

Lobby_Bee 17

You should always look at where you're going, even when going in reverse.

Looking back, this probably seems obvious.

PenguinPal3017 19

You're lucky that it was a parked car and not a pedestrian.