Nice guys…

By Don'tjudgeabook - 05/04/2017 20:00

Today, a man reminded me five times how much of a "nice guy" he was during our first conversation, saying also that I seem the sort to date the "bad guys" because I looked sweet and innocent. Then, without waiting for me to say something, he sighed and walked away, muttering that he always finished last. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 917
You deserved it 357

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trust me, it's all a ploy to get you to chase after him, "Oh, you poor thing, I'd never treat you that way." Real nice guys don't tell you they're nice; they just are.

Smartlead 0

He did a great favor to you by leaving right away.

Comments

Smartlead 0

He did a great favor to you by leaving right away.

Trust me, it's all a ploy to get you to chase after him, "Oh, you poor thing, I'd never treat you that way." Real nice guys don't tell you they're nice; they just are.

What a Major loser!!!!! Good you did not follow him

infinite Secret 3

If someone has to keep saying they are a nice person, then they are most likely not a nice person, as they are trying to convince you, themselves or both that they are nicw Genuinely nice people prove they are nice through their actions not by saying it multiple times.

infinite Secret 3

nicw is meant to be nice but I didn't see the error before I submitted this

This is what happens when one listens to the narrative in one's head, instead of paying attention to what's actually going on in front of one. Don't be like that man, kids.

It's boys like that who always have to remind you that they're the nice boys, and it's all these rude b*tches and wh*res who won't date him that are the problem, because like you, they only date assholes (aka, any male who isn't him)

WHY are you saying "Jus LiKE YOU" did you NOT SEE her 'title' of NOT judging a book by its cover? YOU LiTERALLY jus did the SAME GD THiNG!!!! NOT Cool by any means in my opinion

tantanpanda 26

^what are you high on that would possess you to type in such a horrible way? When she says "like you do" about the assholes, she's using it as a hypothetical (going with the guy's point of view), not actually saying that OP dates only assholes.

Woah there, OnlyNeko. They were being sarcastic!

Don't do drugs, kids! It's really not worth it.

Depending on whether he was sincere or manipulative he is either stupid or a jerk. Personally, I'd guess combination number two, a manipulative jerk that preys on kindness.

Pro tip: No one who says they are a "nice guy" is actually one. You can only tell a genuine nice guy by his actions. It's just like when you have to say you are cool, you automatically are not. By the way, ladies, I'm a prick.

Any time a man tells me they're a nice guy, I have a mild panic attack and start looking for the exit. "I just want you to know what it feels like to be with a guy who treats you well." Is one of the most bone chilling phrases in the English language, followed closely by "I'm the kind of guy who goes out of my way for people for no reason and keeps getting taken advantage of and passed over for assholes." Gods, give me an honest, clear cut asshole over those psychopaths any day. An asshole expects sex, but at least he doesn't ******* think he's earned it.

Uuuugh and he ******* insulted your whole person with his "You seem to only date bad guys" horse shit. I wish we could walk around with an airhorn and fire it off whenever someone says something this unbearable.