Nice girl

By Lithiac - 04/02/2014 06:16 - United States - Ocala

Today, at the grocery store, an elderly woman asked for help with some tea. I lent her a hand, spending a good twenty minutes reading different labels out loud until she found one she liked. After she was done, she handed me a pamphlet and said, "You're a nice girl. I hope you don't go to hell." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 576
You deserved it 4 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She was just looking out for you OP! At least she didn't call you ugly like most FML old people would.

flashback.miss 28

better than the old ladies that damn you to hell and was nice to just give you a pamphlet rather than try to push her beliefs on you.

Comments

She was just looking out for you OP! At least she didn't call you ugly like most FML old people would.

am I the only one who thought OP was a guy?

Who says "you're a nice girl" to a guy? Unless that's the real FML here. Perhaps we'll never know.

she was an old lady so that could be very possible.

OP should have said "Even if I do, you wont Hear about it".

Maybe she'll put in a good word for OP with the Big Guy

Or big guys if you believe in that. Or no one.

flashback.miss 28

better than the old ladies that damn you to hell and was nice to just give you a pamphlet rather than try to push her beliefs on you.

You might want to get that eye checked out..

your profile picture is going to appear in my nightmares

I hate assholes like that. When I went to America I had to drive through Alabama -Shudder- and got swarmed by people telling me that "God hates fags". I do not like Alabama.

skyeyez9 24

That is the westboro baptist church, based out of Kansas. They were not from Alabama. They travel around the US protesting soldier's funerals with hate messages. They are pathetic.

ABarrelHorseGirl 8

I don't think 103 was referring to anything about WBC, just general crazy religious southerners

thatkidmal 15

That was strange but at least it wasn't anything mean

CallMeMcFeelii 13

As it may have been strange, I'd have loved to do that for 20 minutes opposed to stocking shelves. Though, I'd have read in ridiculous accents ranging from stereotypical Asian, Australian, and a bit of Swedish to spruce things up a bit.

Am I the only one wondering what the hell was on the pamphlet..?

Am I the only uneducated one who doesn't know what a pamphlet is? I'm gonna guess it's some sort of leaflet, right?

bobbyguy 17

#36 it's like a booklet. Normally just it just folds out. It's kind of like a map but smaller and has writing and pictures. I think another name for it is brochure.

37, a pamphlet is a paper normally folded into thirds with information on it. Either you aren't being clear or you're getting mixed up.

colton_colton 49

That's all I'm thinking about

larrena2377 26

It was probably a religious pamphlet. They have bible verses or little comics that tell short stories about people getting saved and going to heaven. They're supposed to help bring people to God. I'm assuming this since she didn't want OP to go to hell.

Seems odd that 36 is getting thumbed down for asking a question. On top of that, so grammatical errors or vulgarity. Everyone should stop down voting because other people did.

#80, this is FML, comments are down voted when it seems uneducated. It's probably wrong, but hey, what can you do? I assume "so" should have been "no," but since they are not remotely close to each other on the keyboard I am unsure.

Haha that's exactly what it was. It was certainly odd though.

There's a certain flavor of Christian that carries them everywhere, to give to as many people as they can find an excuse to.

Yeah, the cashiers at work get them periodically. The people always start out saying, "have you heard the good news?" then hand you the pamphlet talking about the second coming of Christ. I kind of find it offensive... I'm just checking your purchases, what about the two seconds you see me makes you think i need one of those? Besides, its a waste since it just ends up in the trash. Though once i did leave it on the desk in the office with the part saying 'Your suffering is soon to end' facing up and a couple pieces of bacon laying on top of it for my boss to find...

If nothing else you did a good deed for the day.

How do you know which religion it was?

Christians have their so called tracts...it's the only "religion" (that I know of) that gives out their info in information packets...

Half the people who hand out packets arent even true Christians.

Well I've also seen tracts given by Jehova Witnesses, Mormons, and even Muslims (at my school cultural club). Some of them are just informative, some of them are left at your door, etc.

#20 that is true but usually I have Muslims JW and Mormons show up at my door or tape a event to it when I don't answer...but I have never got an information packet from them..,

#22 They all have the same message but in some ways they don't exactly preach the point of salvation...they mention the fact of Jesus Christ taking everything on himself and dying sinless and the points of all of us deserve this "hell" since we are due to sin as they call it but never give the point if the sinner prayer...

#21 there's definitely some Hinduism in there.

Most pamphlets given out are not by Christians. Infact i have never even heard of any Christians who do that, and i live in the bible belt. Most are by Jehovah's Witnesses, or Mormons.

I've gotten ones from just about every religion besides those that could be categorized as Christian. I've also gotten ones from vegans who were basically telling everyone that people who didn't refuse to eat meat were horrible and deserved death. I honestly would prefer any religious propaganda to some of the the vegan propaganda that my college is plagued with every few months. Damn me all you want, just let me eat whatever the **** I want without complaining at me about my choices of food. Pamphlets usually are just propaganda really. They don't display opposing viewpoints without committing various fallacies in the process. They're usually pointless reading for the most part, even if they are meant to be informative.

most Mormons knock on doors and they start in by talking about Joseph Smith. They don't believe in Hell, at least not the Christian version and they don't tell ppl they are going there, they just encourage them to come to an activity or something in hopes of slowly enticing you in. I should know, I used to be one.

What a good concept...but a waste of time...

She thought you were so nice, that she wants to meet up with you in Heaven again ^^,

sounds like every other old lady to me

Every old lady you know is actively religious?