Neverending

By Covid3.0 - 12/03/2022 07:00 - United States - Livermore

Today, despite getting all vaccinations and taking all precautions, I've tested positive for Covid. Again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 888
You deserved it 361

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and wear a mask every time I am indoors, and I still had it twice as well. It happens. Just like I have had the flu, even after having the flu shot. I still have allergy issues, even though I get shots for them as well. The vaccination/shots minimize the affects, but doesn't make you immune.

My son I are both vaccinated and me boosted. still got it, but wasn't too bad. I would still get vaccinated and will continue to get boosters because it's the right thing to do and will minimize disease as much as we can.

Comments

I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and wear a mask every time I am indoors, and I still had it twice as well. It happens. Just like I have had the flu, even after having the flu shot. I still have allergy issues, even though I get shots for them as well. The vaccination/shots minimize the affects, but doesn't make you immune.

docdann 3

Everyone I know who’s had it was vaccinated and boosted… everyone I know who is unvaccinated hasn’t had it (myself included.. I have as close to zero exposure as possible and have other reasons to not be vaccinated until they have a PROVEN oral vaccine)

Exactly, the COVID vaccines are not, nor intended to be, magic bullets. Just like most vaccines, getting vaxxed does not mean one will absolutely never get sick. Having armor before going to battle is better than going in with none. Besides, as the father of a 15 month old for whom a vaccine is not yet approved, I couldn't contemplate not doing so. We get her checked whenever she has cold symptoms lasting more than a couple days.

pandaandthepitty 12

Anyone can still get it at any time. That isn't how vaccinations work. You may not get it as bad as you might have otherwise, but you can still get it and give it. It's the gift that keeps on giving lol

My son I are both vaccinated and me boosted. still got it, but wasn't too bad. I would still get vaccinated and will continue to get boosters because it's the right thing to do and will minimize disease as much as we can.

Marcella1016 31

Same as everyone else said. I’m vaxxed and boosted and got it in December. And holy shit it was like the most mild cold I’ve ever gotten (and regular colds normally knock me out for days). My symptoms were so mild I was shocked I even had COVID - I only tested because someone else in my house was REALLY sick with something we thought was COVID but turned out to be the flu. Point is...normally I get sick as **** and feel like I’m dying. But COVID felt like nothing. That’s what the shots are for. You’re less likely to get it, and if (when) you do get it, you won’t get as sick. I used to be super hesitant with vaccinations but now...boost my ass again and again totally worth it lol

BatCatTaco 13

Vaxxed, boosted haven't gotten it. This has actually been the best 2 years, I haven't gotten sick at all!!! It's been amazing!! I have a compromised immune system, and was sick with something every other week. My whole family has been Vaxxed, and no one has gotten Covid. Just be safe out there, get your shot, and move on. Why does everyone have to complain about shit? Just do it, it's for the greater good. Not everything is about YOU.

Hell, most of the safeties for covid are stupidly easy. wear a 1$ mask in public, get vaxxed if you can, don't be in someones face if you don't have to. don't go to tightly packed public places if you are sick... the only real NEW thing on that list from medical professionals is the mask. flu vaccine is always recommended by doctors, so is staying home if sick, and who likes random people that close for no reason.

I was vaccinated,work alone, live super rural so don't leave my property after work and i had to wear a mask for work and I got it 3 times. every version. just like the flu if there is a new strain your most likely gonna get it unless

The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it. It stops it from either killing or disabling you. Wear masks and wash your hands more, ya nasty.