By JACKxRAWR - 18/05/2013 09:41 - United Kingdom

Today, I received a slip through my door saying that the package I'd ordered couldn't be delivered today because no-one was home to sign for it. I got the slip just in time to watch the guy who put it through my letterbox get in his van, look me in the eye and drive off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 708
You deserved it 3 950

JACKxRAWR tells us more.

OP here. The bastard didn't even knock and left the package in a post office the other side of town, even though I live five minutes from a sorting office.

Top comments

miyaviichan 27

Yo that's messed up. I hate when they knock and only hang around for like 3 seconds before leaving.

That sucks, OP. I've found a lot of delivery drivers don't even bother knocking, and just assume no one is home during working hours, and fill out the slip.

Comments

rg350dx 29

Kill it, Quick! Before it comments again or breeds!

miyaviichan 27

Yo that's messed up. I hate when they knock and only hang around for like 3 seconds before leaving.

rg350dx 29

It's essentially, ding-dong ditch mailman version nowadays.

One day I stood outside because the package tracking system said it was out for delivery. The ups guy never came, I called the place around here, he told his manager nobody was there.

One day I stood outside because the package tracking system said it was out for delivery. The ups guy never came, I called the place around here, he told his manager nobody was there.

OP here. The bastard didn't even knock and left the package in a post office the other side of town, even though I live five minutes from a sorting office.

rg350dx 29

That son of a bitch... Time to invest in a Rottweiler and a fence for the front yard.

Well even if he didn't knock, he managed to make eye contact soon after which is the worst part. What a prick.

You can try to get him fired, maybe set up a camera to catch this should it happen again.

thatsucks4you 7

@59 - I have the same story, except with $30 worth of pizza. I complained and they claimed to have knocked on every door in my apartment complex. Didn't get a refund or any sort of store credit. Not ordering from them again until I move.

Dzirino 2

File a complaint against the bastard and keep records of it, coz most likely it's gonna happen again.

#66 If you can get a video recording and accounts from your neighbours saying it didn't happen, then you can bring up a suit. Also, they will probably do it still if you move.

@68 - It's $30, I'm not gonna fight over that. Bigger fish to fry. Haha. Their mistakes will add up eventually. I can recall plenty of times I would have ordered from them but instead did a pick-up from one of their other stores 10 minutes away. It's just this specific location, their other stores in my area have great service.

That's happened to me before. It's so frustrating!

All you have to do is call and they will change your delivery guy, especially if there have been several complaints about them. We had a delivery guy purposely try to deliver before open and after closing at our store. Or go to the back door (which isn't use) if we happened to be there early or late waiting FOR the package. Every time when our hours are clearly posted. It took a week to two weeks to get packages, after the third time there was no denying he was just being a prick and we called the office. No more problems!

Call the local office, and tell them what happened. I had a delivery driver do something similar to me two days in a row. Ended up getting fired because he obviously wasn't delivering the packages

ironik69 31

I had the same problem. Our letter carrier just decides not to deliver to our apartment building for a few weeks at a time. We have a post office five minutes away also, but our mail goes through the office twenty minutes away. When we complained, they said the best option was for us to purchase a pobox. So, we HAVE to pay to receive our mail, and a lot of companies don't like to ship to poboxes.

I've had that happen before too, OP. Sorry for your trouble.

JustinJK 21

something similar happened to me. I called the company and they made him redeliver

That sucks, OP. I've found a lot of delivery drivers don't even bother knocking, and just assume no one is home during working hours, and fill out the slip.

@44 not completely, a lot of these drivers have completely unrealistic schedules to meet imposed by their employers. I'm not surprised that some of them cut a few corners in order to meet their bosses' demands.

iammeorami 25

my local courier driver just dumps the package at the front door, even with the wooden door open & 2 cars in the driveway, tv on etc etc... luckily we live regionally cause if this happened in town it wouldn't be there any longer!

olpally 32

Go chase after him and get your package!! What a prick! That's total bullshit.

^Excuse me if wrong, but I didn't recall OP saying they were from England. :)

UK can mean England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.... not just England

loserboii 11

If's pricks like that who ruin people's day and think it's okay.

When you pick up your package, report him to the company.

OP here. I sent them a lovely long email regarding customer service.:)

Shortay123 14

Props to you good sir. Hopefully they will do something about him, even if they only berate him.

I hope this email gets through to them, op! this kind of thing happens too often!!

OP that's such a British thing to do! Take a lesson from our American cousins, go round with a shotgun. But seriously, delivery drivers are a bunch of dicks globally.

MichaelT17 9
ebiilovesu 7

#love #TagsForLikes #TFLers #tweegram #photooftheday #20likes #amazing #followme #follow4follow #like4like #look #instalike #igers #picoftheday #food #instadaily #instafollow #like #girl #iphoneonly #instagood #bestoftheday #instacool #instago #all_shots #follow #webstagram #colorful #style #swag

That's the UK posties for you!! I've had the same thing happen to me. Nearly happened to me again this morning actually! All you can do is complain but it'll be your word against theirs unfortunately.

That doesn't just happen in the UK, they are lazy everywhere lol. I live in New Zealand and have had couriers leave such a note in the letterbox without walking to my door (The house I live in is behind another and down a long path). I am home during the day so I know they don't make an effort to knock on the door. Lazy ******* >.>

Same here in the US. I'm just waiting for them start leaving a burning bag filled with poo on the porch; that's how it feels to me.

scarface90 8

It's usually the state-owned postal service that are the worst. Here in Canada, it's Canada Post, no wonder they are losing to companies like FedEx or UPS. Sometimes I hope they get privatized.

Go get your car and drive after him OP. Then he'll probably get creeped out and throw your package at you. Problem solved!

Unless it hits your window. You can't win in this situation.

I hope you went straight to the company and shoved a random package up that carriers ass. And got your package