Neighborhood watch

By ClothMom - 08/12/2009 07:02 - United States

Today, I was visited by Child Protective Services. It seems someone on my street reported me for neglect because I cloth diaper my children. I moved in less than 6 months ago, so I guess this is how they say, "Welcome to the neighborhood!" about these parts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 243
You deserved it 3 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should rethink where you moved if they don't understand what a cloth diaper is...

As long as you change them as soon as they are wet or soiled, Cloth diapers are so much better for them then wrapping their little butts in plastic. Just keep doing what you are doing and hopefully your neighbors will get their own life one day.

Comments

wambamtysam 0

it actually saves hundreds of dollars every year, so who cares about the environment. I highly doubt that's why most people use it.

xx_irish_rose_xx 0

Why would Child Protective Services even bother responding to that?

That is bloody ridiculous. Good on you for using cloth nappies. Disposables are the reason kids aren't toilet trained til they're ******* 3. (Y)

I'm turning 57 this Saturday. Until we moved to the farm when I was a little over a year old, we lived in an apartment that was located in a divided home (1432 Ohio Avenue, Anderson, IN Apartment #2). I wore cloth diapers (What other kind WERE there back then!?!), and my mom didn't even clean them. Instead, a truck came by every day or so from a place that was called something like Dandy Diaper Service, and they were hauled off and washed. We didn't even necessarily get the same diapers returned to us. They were all pretty much alike. For all I knew, one of my future boyfriends and I might have even worn the very same diaper on occasion. It seems to me that your neighbors have a little too much time on their hands. Perhaps, they should be doing something more constructive such as playing FarmVille. That would keep their little hands occupied so that they wouldn't be using them to dial the phone and make dumb calls to dumb powers-that-be.

I despise CAS (Canada's version of CPS). They never seem to do anything right. They took my brother away a few years back because he was so out of control that he was becoming a danger to himself as well as our family (he has a few issues, to say the least - we're both adopted and his birth mom likely drank and did various drugs while she was pregnant). Instead of helping him, they rotated him through various group homes, putting him in a new one whenever he got as unmanageable to those people as he was to my parents. While at these group homes, he had free access to a fridge full of cigarettes (which cut into their budget quite a bit) and rarely got anything new from his caregivers. He'd come to visit my parents once in a while and my mom would take him shopping for new clothes, new shoes, a few simple food items and whatever else he might need because the group home wasn't providing it. He had problems, but addictions were never a part of them before he left home - now I hate to think what kind of conditions he's living under, and how many drugs are cutting into the already tight budget he must have. He turns 18 in 2 days and I haven't heard from him in over a year... Also, my husband has two neices who's father sexually abuses them and their mother abuses them other ways (making a kid miss a meal for misbehaving is one thing, making a kid miss all three meals because they talked on three seperate occasions when the mother didn't want them to is quite another). Their grandparents tried to report them and gain custody. The parents then decided the grandparents weren't allowed to see the girls anymore, and their request was granted. The grandparents took them to court, and now get visits every second weekend. The girls are likely still being abused and are never happy to have to go home again at the end of their weekend visits.

wearinsexypants 0

The materials they put in disposable diapers to make them absorbent are super irritating to the skin. it is not soft and ends up sucking moisture from the skin as well. It is the same stuff they make disposable ladies sanitary items out of, and considering how much those irritate my skin, I'm definitely putting cloth diapers on my babies when I have them.

Ohhh nooo! How DARE you use an enviromentally-friendly diaper? How DARE you not be a wasteful consumer? You are the worst parent ever!

I hate playing the race card, especially on here, but there's a lot of racism in Hawai'i, ten bucks says the poster is a white woman and the call came from a native islander, "local." It's really a shame, trouble in paradise. And no, the racism isn't 'out of nowhere' if you think about history a little...

Maybe it was the hundreds of men you were parading into your house, you ****.

whatthefuckcunt 0

Oh man. I so, SO ******* wish I could reach through my computer right now and smack the ******* shit out of you. Really, I am getting miserable just thinking about the fact that I can't. It's just such a damn shame..

lifeisgood8 0

wtf??? cloth diapers are so legit!!!!??!! and environmentally friendly...