My skin hates me

By allergyssuck - 05/07/2018 20:30

Today, I got a soap that my doctor recommended, because I'm allergic to the vast majority of soaps. After driving 45 miles to the only store that sells it, and paying $12 for a bottle, I found out I'm allergic to it too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 762
You deserved it 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've had this exact issue and was hived out for 4 months. Try a prescribed unscented soap, and good luck to you.

ChristianH39 30

Find a converter you twat.

Comments

I've had this exact issue and was hived out for 4 months. Try a prescribed unscented soap, and good luck to you.

English please??? The US is the only country in the world that still uses the imperial system!

What part of that is not in perfect English to you?

Actually we use miles in the UK too

Can you not just figure out it must be a far distance if they included it on an FML?

ImminentDisaster 12

Aren’t you forgetting England, where we too use miles, as well as pints and feet.

ChristianH39 30

Find a converter you twat.

And do you need the currency to be converted from dollars to euros or pounds?

Have you tried soap free cleansers?

Try finding soap that is synthetically chemical free my skin is pretty shitty too : /

Umm there are literally thousands of hand made cold process soaps on Etsy. The makers can tell you every type of oil, and essential oil used in it. Not that hard

Yup I just use the brand oars and alps bar soap so far so good. Mainly for guys in terms of produce range.

Donut_Wizard 23

Try making your own. You could be just like Tyler Durden.

chessu 21

Probably an unpopular opinion, but do you even need soap that badly? I just use shampoo foam and high pressure water for body wash on most days (can't remember the last time I bought any form of soap). As far as hand washing goes, if I *feel* dirty and sticky etc. I'll of course use it, but most days hot (or even cold) water will do. Never had a stomach bug once in my life, never had any looks about my hands or myself being or smelling dirty etc. - so whatever bacteria the soap is meant to clean or kill, clearly isn't that relevant to me. That being said, I do wash my hair every other day, so it's not like my body never sees 'soap'. Can you use shampoos? Use that instead of soap then. You could probably also try make up/face cleansers.

I hope you never work in the food industry

This is probably the dirtiest thing I've heard someone do...or not do. Washing your body is part of a healthy lifestyle and believe it or not actually prevents disease. As for washing your hands, it has been proven to be the most effective thing for the prevention of infections. You only wash your hands when you "feel sticky." That should be every time you eat, use the bathroom, and do anything physical. Please don't teach or post this madness again.

If they're anything like me, they mean using lots of soap when hands are sticky, other times using minimal amounts. Soaps make my hands very dry and itchy, and I can't stand the smell they seem to put into them. Obviously washing hands when preparing food and after going to the toilet but not constantly like some people do, and if you need to just rinse them then that's fine. I rarely use shower gel because that gives me eczema, however there is one brand that has never given me a reaction - the "simple" brand. I often get compliments on how soft my skin is so I don't think it's doing me any harm.

thatslifeiguess7 16

I know your pain I'm allergic, to a lot if stuff

I recommend getting an allergy test done. It would save you the time and money, as well as from other potential risks of coming in contact with whatever you are allergic to. Once you find out what it is, make sure you read the entire ingredient list before purchasing a product. For instance, I can consume olive oil, but I get rashes when I apply it to my skin. Ever since I found out, I stay away from any lotions that contain it and prior to a massage, I always make sure the product are olive oil free.