By gurding - 21/06/2015 04:57 - Australia - Burwood

Today, some asshat ran onto the road and tried and jump over my car as I drove by. He didn't make the jump. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 307
You deserved it 2 060

gurding tells us more.

Oh wow, didn't think this'd get posted... thanks so much for all the support guys! (OP here) Bit of follow up, this happened a few nights ago actually, I was driving through a residential area (lots of trees lining the road). The guy was a teenager, he was doing a 'stunt' while his mates filmed. He ran out from behind a tree, I didn't have enough time to stop completely, but I braked and swerved on instinct. He clipped his leg on the front bumper and rolled over my car, and his friends all bailed. I called the ambulance straight away, they took him to hospital with a broken leg and concussion (he was lucky it was just that). My car isn't in great condition either, he managed to leave a solid dent in my bonnet and crush my windscreen. To be honest, I'm just happy I didn't kill him, but the problem is that laws around here are VERY strict when it comes to these kinds of accidents, so unless I can prove that he was at fault, benefit of the doubt goes towards him if his parents decide to sue. The police who came to the scene were very sympathetic, but there's not much they can do. They're trying to find out who the guy's friends were, so hopefully they get that video evidence. Thanks once again for the support, and I'll give you all an update soon!

Top comments

Comments

I hope you, the jumper, and your car are all okay.

I hope the idiot jumper became sterile so he cant reproduce

Risking your life along with other's? Nice try on trying to be funny.

RenoTheRhino 30

The question is: would you make the jump, or would you become just like this asshat?

Trinidad727 9

Car vs human..... Car always wins

meliodafool_ 15

Unless you're Kobe Bryant.

RpiesSPIES 27

Crazy Ex vs Car The car has met its match :D

Or unless you're Chuck Norris. But then the car would be totalled.

Why so stupid? just when my faith in humanity was slowing restoring I read this!!

MonstreBelle 28

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard or read about someone losing/restoring their faith in humanity. I would never have to work again.

And going to the "kind people" pages of BoredPanda = easy money!

He deserves it. You don't. I hope you and your car are fine OP!

CliffyB03 28

Sad part is, even if you told the truth, you'd still get sued or something because "you could have braked"

Not ALWAYS true. I know someone who had a girl commit suicide by jumping in front of her car. The family tried to sue the driver but it was known she was suicidal and had tried it before, so they didn't succeed.

RedPillSucks 31

OP might still be responsible for medical bills. I know when someone ran in front of my car our insurance had to pay even though the cops concluded that it was not my fault.

I really wonder what drove him to do something so stupid.

nothing92x 13

He failed because he didn't have his jumper cables when he made the attempt.

He was definitely trying to do parkour. Tell him to stick to his day job, OP.