My legacy

By ManyRegrets - 14/07/2023 21:00 - United States - Bloomsburg

Today, I found out that the one who got away just had a baby, and named it after me. My current longtime girlfriend and I already decided not to have kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 210
You deserved it 699

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Resolve the one who got away or end things with your girlfriend. Do the first thing.

if you and your gf agreed not to have kids without knowing about the name then it sounds like you didn't want a kid to begin with. the fact that you added the part about you not wanting kids tells me you now want a baby just to get back at the one who got away.

Comments

Resolve the one who got away or end things with your girlfriend. Do the first thing.

I'm hoping the current GF see this, and sees the light accordingly

if you and your gf agreed not to have kids without knowing about the name then it sounds like you didn't want a kid to begin with. the fact that you added the part about you not wanting kids tells me you now want a baby just to get back at the one who got away.

Did she really name it after you, or did she give it a name she liked that you happened to share? Furthermore, you can’t compromise on having a baby. If you don’t want kids then this shouldn’t change anything; if you do want kids after all and your girlfriend didn’t, she probably isn’t the right one for you.

Don't make any life-changing decisions until you have thought it through properly

So you're regretting leaving behind the life you think you could have had. You're the one who made these choices. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You decided not to have kids, that sounds like a great decision, because if you want one just to get back at your ex, that's a very bad reason. How do you know she named the baby after you? It may be that the only thing that attracted her to you was your name, that she'd always kept in mind as a name for her baby. I mean, I chose my daughter's name when I was 15, a full ten years before I even met her father.