My Bucket

By pyook - 06/09/2018 23:30

Today, my college class has a strict rule that ANY absence, even if it's because you're sick and have a doctor's note, will drop your grade a letter grade. I have a chronic illness. Today is the second time in the first two weeks that I've had to show up to class with a bucket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 546
You deserved it 200

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. Take it up with the dean of the department or the president of the college. If it’s not against the law, it would most definitely be against school policies. That’s just asking to get everybody sick. And what about people who have disabilities that might cause them to be absent? Do they drop a letter grade too? Cuz if so, then your prof is *definitely* breaking the law.

Comments

bl3ur0z3 17

Leave the bucket at home. Or start missing the bucket.

When I was in Afghanistan I got really sick and had to take a week off work, in a warzone. but somehow students today have more strict rules then soldiers in wars.

so they would prefer you to endanger yourself and get everyone else sick?

Ah yes let me guess Boston University? Sorry if it’s one of the **** polishers I had it won’t help. Also the door licker Ken Leutchen (now dean) won’t give a shit. I had to get my resume reviewed by his **** toy (now his wife). As far as legal? Actually yes a bucket is a perfect example of reasonable accommodation. Getting others sick? Generally not an issue with chronic conditions, but that’s not certain.

Jorn van der Ar 13

If you are chronically ill, why on Earth did you sign up at a college with such a strict no-absense rule?

leximichelle 13

It’s that one teacher’s policy, not the policy of the school. And you generally don’t know your teachers before class starts unless you talk to someone who’s had them.

First off, pretty much that is illegal everywhere in the first world. Second, screw the bucket. The Professor made this rule let them enjoy you projectile vomiting all over the room.

Paul B. Gyurcsanszky 14

That’s totally unreasonable. If you have a chronic illness it is the college’s responsibility to provide a exceptional that rule. You are the one paying them cash to educate you. If you fail because of this stupid rule and your grades prove you can pass then you have a nice little lawsuit to present.