Mommy issues

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, as I was picking up my 7 year-old daughter at my ex-husband's house, my daughter started crying saying that she wanted to stay with Daddy forever. I asked why. She said her stepmom was a better mommy. Apparently, the woman who broke up my marriage is now a better "Mommy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 103 808
You deserved it 9 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes kids play off on parent against the other to get stuff. You know, step mummy's better because she lets me eat fast food, watch tv late... or something to try and get you to do the same. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Comments

First of all, that woman didn't break up your marriage - your cheating a-hole ex-husband did. If it hadn't been her it would have been someone else. As for your kid, she'll figure out soon enough how great Daddy is when he cheats on the stepmom.

Meowff 0

I've already heard this, when a little girl was holding on to the step-mom saying that she wanted to stay with mommy longer. Nice try.

People! Stop dissing kids. It wasn't nice of her daughter to say that, but that doesn't mean we are ALL viscious slanderers and manipulators, so don't make generalizations. For me, saying something like 'kids are always nasty,' is like telling a woman 'Women are always *****.' You just DON'T.

Sorry about that! The stepmom may be buying her off but remember that material stuff aint love. It's just not substantial. Just stay strong, she does love you. Kids are just easily influenced and do change their mind just as quick!

Ibeapirate 0

Stepmom spoils that kid. She'll appreciate your superior parenthood when she's mature enough to understand that bribes and lack of discipline are not good parenting. Don't take it seriously.

TryToBeKind 0

Your daughter probably likes her better because she considers StepMom a friend, StepMom probably doesn't discipline her as much, probably isn't the one weilding the rules. You likely have her more of ten, w hile Dad and StepMom have her at the 'fun' times. Yeah, they're the fun parents who don't say 'no' as often. Of course she likes them better! Your daughter is a typical kid (aka a BRAT) and you get the short end of the stick. BUT keep in mind that you have the most custody so you have the most SAY and the MOST control. :-DDDDD Use that as much.as.possible. There's a reason you're not with that ass-whipe, I mean, your ex husband, anymore. It sucks for now, though, hard-core. Oh, also keep in mind that childsupport is taking up a good chunk of his check if he were to raise any kids with StepMom. Sorry, he'll eventually get ****** up the ass :-)

Kids are manipulative, in a raw way, for themselves. Call her bluff once in a while, and then have a serious chat with your ex about how you want to raise her, and what she's saying to each other. If you don't get on with your ex, then I look forward to plenty of FMLs from you.......

ouch. I'm really sorry. Bear in mind that a new parental figure is desperate to win love and so they might allow the kid to run wild. To a seven year old watching TV an hour later at night makes a much better mommy. I am truly sorry tho. I hope things look up

She broke up your marriage, or you broke up your marriage? I wasn't aware she could sign the divorce decree. Maybe you were a horrible wife or you're just a horrible person. Things that are mysteries to us, but don't pawn off your misgivings on us just because your life sucks.

I doubt you're a terrible mother. The homewrecking bitch of a stepmom your kid has is the terrible one for having a relationship with a married man. And your ex is a shitty person for cheating. You're probably the you who disciplines, therefore the one that says no. The kid will learn later on when daddy and step mommy have a new baby and she's forgotten about who is the better mom.