Mommy issues

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, as I was picking up my 7 year-old daughter at my ex-husband's house, my daughter started crying saying that she wanted to stay with Daddy forever. I asked why. She said her stepmom was a better mommy. Apparently, the woman who broke up my marriage is now a better "Mommy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 103 808
You deserved it 9 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes kids play off on parent against the other to get stuff. You know, step mummy's better because she lets me eat fast food, watch tv late... or something to try and get you to do the same. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Comments

Hummingbird114 0

24 and 47 - honestly folks, it is possible for this situation to happen to two separate people, two separate times. Shocking, I know. Try not to let your brains explode as you attempt to comprehend that.

well if u were stupid enough to marry someone who u would end up divorced from, she probabally is better, honestly...

Lichinamo 33

The OP probably didn't know that she would end up divorced from him; she probably hoped they'd be together until death do them part. Maybe the ex was cheating on the OP with the step mom, hence the breaking up the marriage part. OP might not have even been the one to file for divorce; it could have been the ex.

So she's a better wife and a better mom? I hope you have some other skills, because she has you covered in the housewife department.

storm7_fml 0

i agree with most...she doesnt really kno wat she's talkin bout...shes just a kid &d from sum1 who went thru the whole 'divorce stage' shes just saying it bcuz the homewrecker gives/does more things....but when she gets older shell ALWAYS be loyal to you!

indian_goddess 0

almost like the one where the woman went to pick up her kid and the kid called the ex's gf 'mommy'.

She probably lets her do whatever she wants to. She'll thank you in the long run for taking care of her. Maybe have a conversation with the stepmother and your ex-husband and set some ground rules.

prettyxdemented 0

Kids are seriously turning into assholes these days. Every week there's one of these secrets about how a child said/did something very mean or hurtful (albeit unintentionally) to his/her parent(s). That sucks for you. FYL. :(

Eh, the stepmom probably spoils her. Do you really care that much? You're not supposed to be your kids best friend. You're supposed to be the parent.

Try not to let it get to you. I know it's got to hurt - no matter what logical explanation, etc. there is for it.