Dick move

By blargerpanda - 29/04/2021 20:01 - United States

Today, I heard my 7 year-old step-daughter tell her father over Zoom she cries every night, because she wants to go home with him. I don't have the heart to tell her that he had kicked her and her mom out of the house because he thought mom's stretch marks were unattractive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 243
You deserved it 103

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Has everyone misunderstood this? OP is a man that is now with the women that arsehole kicked out over having stretch marks.

VnD 10

Wait, why are people getting angry at the OP? English is not my first language but I understood what he's saying, you have my sympathies OP, I hope things get better for all of you.

Comments

F your life, you chose to be with a loser that treats his partners and children like that. Good luck staying attractive enough for His Majesty!

This sounds like it's being written by the step-father, not the mother. So F the daughter's life for having a crappy regular dad.

caraag 8

Lmaooo have you seen yourself?

blargerpanda 13

I'm the mom's new partner and the daughter's stepfather

And this is someone you want to be married to? Why?

blargerpanda 13

Has everyone misunderstood this? OP is a man that is now with the women that arsehole kicked out over having stretch marks.

VnD 10

Wait, why are people getting angry at the OP? English is not my first language but I understood what he's saying, you have my sympathies OP, I hope things get better for all of you.

blargerpanda 13

things are going well, just a sad moment I felt like I needed a good anonymous place to get off my chest

That sounds like a made up reason to kick someone out. If the marks are really that bad though maybe just get them lasered off. Could be as low as $500.

Stretch marks are normal and don't need to be removed, unless she wants to remove them. The mother's ex-husband is a sham of a human being for leaving his family over them. You sound like you're siding with him.

Resist the temptation to tell your stepdaughter what a shallow POS her natural father is. Doing so would only result in her having resentment towards you. Eventually stepdaughter will figure out that her natural dad doesn’t want her or her mom. When she’s old enough to make that decision, stepdaughter might decide to live with her natural father. But be assured that unless you or her mom are actively driving daughter away it won’t last and she will be back. Selfish, superficial ex-spouses almost always make poor parents who wind up driving away their own children - Either intentionally or not. And finally, I assume you heard the “stretch mark” explanation from your wife. That may not be the whole story. But as long as you and your wife are happy with each other, there is no reason to explore that pre-history further. Often ex’s come up with “reasons” for the breakup that are simple and short and leave them looking like the wronged ex-partner. But real life is seldom so simple. But again, when it comes to your relationship with your wife, leave the past in the past - No good will come over forcing your wife to reveal more than she’s comfortable telling.

blargerpanda 13

there was a lot to their break-up but a lot of it comes down to the father being very superficial and giving up on trying to be an adult. They're still friends but I think that's mostly for the child.

Ambrily 27

People can't read or comprehend what they read, it seems. OP is a man, people. Who hurt you so badly?

I'm sorry, OP. For your stepdaughter's sake, I hope she doesn't find out for a long time what an ass her biological father truly is.

GoogieWithers 22

Bio dad will reveal his true colours soon enough, good job she has a great stepdad looking after her.

BilllliB 2

You should tell her, she deserves to know that her father thinks like that and it’s completely wrong........ like I’m sorry but your ex is a complete asshole and obviously doesn’t care about anybody but himself