Misunderstanding

By almostmugged - 17/09/2009 05:00 - United States

Today, as I was walking home, three burly men suddenly began to approach me. Thinking they were going to mug me, I reached for my pocketknife and said, "Stay away, I have a knife." Turns out they just wanted directions to an ice cream shop for their daughters, who were now bawling their eyes out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 054
You deserved it 55 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mafia leaders see their daughters during the week too. What's wrong with you?

They had their daughters with them at the time? If so, then you're an idiot.

Comments

Mafia leaders see their daughters during the week too. What's wrong with you?

Zhejan 0

@20 Fail at putting Soviet Russia in every FML. This reminds me of an episode of hey arnold.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
aFatFuck 0

What kind of an irrational lunatic sees three guys walking towards him and starts waving a knife at them?

They had their daughters with them at the time? If so, then you're an idiot.

Many people use kids as distraction when begging or pickpocketing etc. Some do when mugging too. The OP probably thought it was the case. He still pulled out the knife far too early.

NonchalantSavant 0

Maybe it was Take Your Daughters to Work Day. What else would a mugger do?

Were they by any chance named Snap, Crackle, and Pop?

Beven 0

you made my day, thank you and OP, learn not to immediately judge people.

fmlfmlfml15 0

"cereal killers" that made me laugh

why would they mug you when their daughters with them? and why do people assume the worst of other people. btw if someone's trying to mug you try running, it may just work out better, cuz when they pull out the bigger knife you're gonna be like oh ****.

Really good point. Especially if there's two of them, you'd probably have better chance at survival by running from them than fighting them, anyway. And you don't make little girls cry if by chance you made the wrong assumption.

Actually people sometimes use their kids while pick pocketing and mugging.

You're horrible. Just because they're "burly" they're automatically robbers ? Ydi.

Caayouteepie 0

3 robbers and bring your daughter to work day.

bosshaug 0

Ok this is like the 3rd knock off of one fml

moonlight_daze 8

You totally ******* deserved it... That sounds like something that would happen to me. **** the three "burley men's" lives! They can't ask for directions without some priss thinking they're gonna mug her or some shit..

Ha ha! Awesome. Learn to enjoy making small girls cry and then you won't think your life sucks so much. ;-)