Method acting

By hannahk267 - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was practicing my lines for theater class in the hall. My partner and I chose a script where we argue over me stealing her boyfriend. Since it started to sound like a real argument, another student said that I was a "crazy bitch" and punched me in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 600
You deserved it 4 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brun12 1

Well at least you know you're a really good actress

Comments

why practice in the hall? but at least now you know you've got talent

SilverInGray 25

I practice in the hall at school all the time. It's usually quieter.

That's what happens when people assume they know what the hell is going on, and they don't have the sense to mind their own business.

Give the girl that punched you the same lines to learn, but tell her that next time you see her and you argue it wont be just "practice".

FYLDeep 25

Hate to say it, but it sounds like the plot of this play is petty, stupid, and boring. I'd half expect it to turn into a Lindsay Lohan movie.

KiddNYC1O 20

You're judging the entire play based on a brief description of one scene? Do you also only read a book if you like the cover?

FYLDeep 25

Since I don't really give a shit which way I get thumbed right now, prepare for some dissent... Lindsay Lohan is ugly and a terrible, talentless actor. Mean Girls is an incredibly overrated movie. Two girls fighting over a guy is a huge ******* cliché and an uninteresting plot point. Plus, it makes girls look weak and too dependent on males. That is all.

I see your point, but still contend that a cliche can be intriguing within a certain context.

FYLDeep 25

Even if it wasn't a cliché, you be hard pressed to make me take interest in a plot point that seems to represent typical high school overdramatic bullshit. Apparently I'm the only one that feels that way though.

Daym you two must be pretty good actors for it to seem so authentic.

Her boyfriend probably got stolen the day before.

ideasrule 13

Look at the bright side: this means you're great at acting and will probably ace the performance.

Cobro 5

Hey don't worry the same thing happen to me today; except I was the one who threw the punch....wait

Who randomly punches someone in the face, calling them a crazy bitch if they dont whats actually happening? He/she is the psycho bitch.