Distractions

By Anonymous - 14/10/2023 07:30

Today, I was looking online at the gym memberships in my neighborhood, because I'm getting old and unfit. As I was looking at the prices, thanks to some well-placed advertisement magic, I found myself ordering a pizza, then binge-watching Netflix. It seems that motivation is just a click away, but pizza is my kryptonite. FML
I agree, your life sucks 208
You deserved it 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the key to getting fit isn't pretending you are going to go to the gym or doing weights you hate 5x a week, the idea is to find something active you genuinely like doing. hell, you can watch Netflix, eat pizza, and exercise all at once

No gym offers guarantees of results, but pizza does! Papa John's ought to hand out refunds to everyone who they disappoint. Eating their pizza is like getting a bad *******.

Comments

No gym offers guarantees of results, but pizza does! Papa John's ought to hand out refunds to everyone who they disappoint. Eating their pizza is like getting a bad *******.

You could've gotten the gym membership while eating the pizza and then queued up Netflix to watch after. I'm not sure you can blame advertising for this entirely.

the key to getting fit isn't pretending you are going to go to the gym or doing weights you hate 5x a week, the idea is to find something active you genuinely like doing. hell, you can watch Netflix, eat pizza, and exercise all at once

Weight loss and fitness is a continuing struggle. There is no magic bullet - It’s eating less of the high calorie “bad things” that are your weakness, eating more healthy meals, and getting more actual exercise… It requires you to take responsibility for your own choices, and not think of yourself as a helpless pawn of your surroundings or of your past. Even under the best of conditions, you will sometimes make poor choices and backslide, but that doesn’t have to be your new future. Every mistake you make in this or anything else you attempt, acknowledge to yourself the failing and resolve to make better choices in the future. It’s not about beating yourself up - It’s about learning your own strengths and weaknesses and putting that knowledge into use… OP, I have struggled with weight control and fitness for the majority of my life, and it still impacts my day to day choices. I still like to eat (chocolate is my weakness) and I hate to exercise - But I watch my calorie intake daily setting a reasonable goal and knowing that there will be days I go over and those I go under my target. And, I walk twice a day - not a big workout, but consistently every day. By the way I suggest WW (Weight Watchers) it worked for me and it works for my wife. But even without an expensive program, you can do the simple but hard things that will help you.

Seems like the Internet is your kryptonite. Walk around your neighborhood in search of a gym for your first exercise session. If you see a pizza place, run.

That's a really big fail. And you can't just blame it on the advertising. It's all you.