Master manipulator

By whatjusthappened - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Norman

Today, I tried to break up with my boyfriend, because he's too manipulative. By the time our chat ended, instead of being single, I'm somehow now committed to going on vacation with him and his family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 490
You deserved it 16 410

Top comments

Dude, how does that even happen? I understand its hard to breakup with someone but if hes manipulative you have to get a backbone and just do it.

ariiewilliams 17

Did he manipulate you into being his girlfriend too?

Comments

katebond 16
ostfaiz 18

I think Op has started loving his bf's manipulation, this vacation will bring lot of surprises for you..hope you end up well take care and yes YDI!!

jjones0818 12

Just be up front. I would not wait until the trip... Don't want it misconstrued for hanging and waiting for a triP...

well it seems you realized it now so now break up with him and make sure not to fall for his tricks

brendejafulable 41
graphicstyle7 17

Look, unless you are living with him (bad, bad idea) having his baby or have put a large deposit down on a vacation... there is no reason on earth you can't just call him up, tell him you have changed your mind, and not go. Some relationships are best backed out of slowly. Tell him you need a "break" and then let that break go on, and on, and on. Just stop picking up the phone and STOP feeling bad and letting yourself be manipulated! Stop being a victim or you will be one all your life.

norisorroz 28

It seems you know him well, but not yourself :)