Master manipulator

By whatjusthappened - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Norman

Today, I tried to break up with my boyfriend, because he's too manipulative. By the time our chat ended, instead of being single, I'm somehow now committed to going on vacation with him and his family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 490
You deserved it 16 410

Top comments

Dude, how does that even happen? I understand its hard to breakup with someone but if hes manipulative you have to get a backbone and just do it.

ariiewilliams 17

Did he manipulate you into being his girlfriend too?

Comments

don't ever let anyone control you!!! its wrong simple solution don't go send a breakup message and block him from your life people like that are poison.

You can't manipulate someone who refuses to be manipulated.

SaltyLurker 10

You're very wrong at that, sir. Manipulation is exactly what it's called. There's a reason there is a difference between coercion and manipulation, because manipulative people use your own psychological makeup and behaviour to bend your will until it does what they want. There is no component that changes your mind; it's just being bent slightly on the right places so that the manipulator gets what they want. 9/10 times, the victim is unaware that they are being manipulated at all. Charm, charisma, and "reasonable" arguments are usually tricks that are in used for grooming, and the process could take up to years depending on what they want from their victim.

Dear OP, that totally sucks. despite how manipulative your bf is, the truth of your feelings towards him need to be cleared. read Fierce Conversations....I promise it'll help.

I went through the exact same thing. I wound up ending it during a couple's therapy session, because he couldn't manipulate me with a neutral 3rd party present. I wish you the best of luck in escaping this relationship. I'm grateful I got out before the psychological abuse became physical.

His words are poison. Just cut him off... Completely

Powerage66 16