Master manipulator

By whatjusthappened - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Norman

Today, I tried to break up with my boyfriend, because he's too manipulative. By the time our chat ended, instead of being single, I'm somehow now committed to going on vacation with him and his family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 490
You deserved it 16 410

Top comments

Dude, how does that even happen? I understand its hard to breakup with someone but if hes manipulative you have to get a backbone and just do it.

ariiewilliams 17

Did he manipulate you into being his girlfriend too?

Comments

KingRex 22

Lay down the law and say you're done with him. This sounds like it could become an abusive relationship (if it isn't already).

It's not him being whatever he is, it's you not standing up for yourself. You can do it.

cryssycakesx3 22

holding someone hostage, so to say, in a relationship is certainly abusive.

TanzWolf 26

I know how that is. You'll get out of it, OP. You just have to be persistent with those kinds of men. It takes time. You can't get out of a relationship like that easily. Hang in there.

PresidentNorth 16

or simply "I'm done here." If she's worried about something happening back she should involve the law and some friends to help keep her protected.

18, it could take time to get them to understand but I wouldn't let it. Tell him you're done, and don't bother having a long drawn out conversation. When you get home, delete his number from your phone, don't text him, call him, email him, or respond to any of his texts, calls or emails either. It doesn't have to be long and drawn out if you don't want it to. Yes he will still try and get a hold of you but you don't have to respond or reciprocate.

That's exactly where my current relationship is -.- I've tried to break up with him 4 times....

Op, you've just won the Lumbar Trophy, given to people without a backbone. What will you do next? Op- Umm, I'm going to Disney World.

Boyfriend: No you're not. OP: Ok, nevermind.

He must work for the CIA or something Or worse He is a used car salesman.

Damn, you gotta stand your ground no matter how he tried to convince ya.

Just change your number and forget about him?

CurlyQute 17

You should have just told him flat out then left so he wouldn't have time to manipulate you.